Wednesday 22nd February 2017 When I was just a little girl

Morning!

Lyrics: When I was just a little girl
I asked my mother, what will I be

What: another short and easy

Why: whilst I feel considerably better am still being cautious. Peak flow back up to 450 from 320. Should be able to run at lunch before Doris hits!

Dustin: unlikely to be at the Nationals. Didn't think it was very muddy last time: except for a couple of boggy areas it seemed fine to me.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning ale

What: something easy at lunch
    Why: cough developing overnight, but definitely on the mend
    Last hard: taking the germs out of Germany (actually the intervals on Monday evening)
    Lyrics: yes!

Apparently I've reached level 3 on the forum whatever that means. Also I've been a member on here for 11 years... I didn't realise I was old enough!

Good news on the house rfj
    Lhm a week is not so bad after person vs car, very frustrating though, I do feel for you.
    Have a great day all.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Good news RFJ, good luck with those roundabouts. 
    Sounds nice Hilly. I was only saying last week that it was the run up to VLM 2002 when I first darkened RW's door...time flys. Still doing those sodding marathons.
    Ale - Far side alongside the water was very sticky and the final bends up to the top of the finishing straight was boggy. The run out was reasonable to be honest.
    what - easy lunchtime, club AGM tonight
    why - 10miles yesterday including 6x100 strides. The 800s delayed until Thursday...
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - yesterday

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Really Hard by James.

emzap - it's already been a week and physio is now backtracking somewhat and saying that I should be running by next Wednesday but not back to full miles.

Good news RFJ.

You too Alehouse, that sounds much better.

So you're coming my way this weekend then Dustin?

Hilly - yes, London was the target but I think it's slipping away with each day that I can't even walk without a limp.

What:             trying to keep the black dog from my heels
    Why:              can't outrun him
    Last hard:      not wallowing in it
    Last rest:       21/2
    Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning...

Ollie - nice streak!

alehouse - know those lyrics. My mum used to go around singing that song when I was quite young. :) Glad you're feeling better!

RFJ - sounds exciting!

emzap - I've had a cough for over 2 weeks.  It's much better now, but still coughing after a run in particular!  Dreaded winter bugs.  Bring on spring and summer.  :)

Dustin - you must have been one of the first few on RW.  I joined in the July. :)
    I keep telling myself I want one last good marathon and I'm finished.  I was stopped in my tracks before ready when I got injured and ill.  I'm nowhere near where I was pre injury, but just to be running with less discomfort is enough!   I do think I still have the ability to get the marathon time I want, but unfortunately I can't get the training in I need due to life and in all honesty it takes me too long to recover from hard runs!

LMH - How frustrating!  I guess there's nothing you can do apart from allow the healing process.  What was your training like before the accident and how long off running before you feel it would not be worth doing London?

What: am 6 miles recover/ pm maybe a short track session but not 100% sure yet as got a sciatic problem.  I've not done a track session in over 3 years... so I'm thinking will it help and stretch out the sciatic nerve or make it worse...

Why: marathon training.

Last hard: Sunday

Last rest: over a week.  Not one to run every day these days. I rest if too busy at work or just too tired.  Lost a bit of the drive to run twice every day!
  • Morning all. Hope the ailments are abating. LMH, one more week. Fingers crossed.
    Hilly, son is 19 and a natural runner who hates running. He works with me one day per week and deigns to join me from time to time. He's done 4 parkruns at various times in the last two years, no training all sub 20. Little (6'3") git. I do enjoy running with him though and he has joined me for 10k's and half maras when he's felt inclined to go for a run!
    Ale: I'll keep setting them up
    Lyrics: Of course
    What: Whatever I can do once Bob has fixed one of the others
    Why: Being wimps
    Last Hard: Yesterday's last mile with the gazelle
    Last rest: Friday

Keep the lurgy at bay all and LMH, no feeding the black dog. Spring is coming and you will be better soon.
  • Morning,

I joined Feb 2003 a long time ago :)

LMH: Do not let that dog catch you ;)

Ollie: nice running and hope you can run to work...

Hilly:What marathon are you training for? is it a local one things do sound on the up again for you long may it be that way :)

SC: It is always the way when they are not too bothered by running and seem to glide around a race easy peasy!

EM: I hope the coughing stops and you feel better.

What: 6.2 miles
    Why: Because it is all the chest will allow
    Last hard: coughing
    Lyrics: Yes
    Have a good day

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics why yes, whatever
    sc, oh to have what your son has !! Gazelle love it
    hilly you and me both with the cough, 3 weeks now - I feel ok but it just lingers.
    It's a funny thing  the running every day, Vixx (who I think is on RW) explained it so good to me the other day, it takes away the will I or won't I. It suits me so much tbh
    lmh bless ya, shooo black dog...
    dustin enjoy the easy and I hope the agm ends soon enough to get to the pub (that's what we do!)
    emzap that's some years to be here!! I've been here quite a while, not sure how long really, how did you find out? Hope that cough goes quick!
    alehouse, enjoy the short and easy, btw me and my brothers love this singer...
    what: 2.15 done already this morning
    why: fitting in a busy life this week
    last hard: this morning, felt tired
    last rest: 31/12
    just got a bit fat cream apple turnover looking at me!! have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    blimey 14 years I've been on here
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Just looked - I joined in Dec 2003... wow...,.

Will try and catch up later

Take care all

• What: possibly post work pool swim
    Why: stone grumbling (swim usually helps). Storm still blowing
    Last hard: Monday
    Last rest: 12 February
    Lyrics: no
    Hopefully things will turn for better soon, LMH

• I hope that apple turnover isn't still looking at you Wabo:-)

Training was going well before the accident Hilly though I'd been struggling with the cough/cold for three weeks I had a good run at the Stamford 30k. I'll almost certainly go and run London regardless as I'm raising funds for Alzheimer's but I had hoped to PB. Hope the track session helps.

Keep running Poppy!

When do you intend to try out the backpack Ollie?

Did you find a running companion SC? The clock is ticking too fast with my not being able to run - 56 days until London.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Wabo, WP, RFJ I thought you'd been on here a long while as I can remember you all way back in the day... :) I was quite a prolific poster for quite a few years, but it's eased off considerably in the last few years. 

Straycelt - oh to be young and natural a runner!  I had 2 boys like that and both preferred football to running, but had such natural ability.

LMH - as you were in good shape before the accident my guess is you won't lose much in a couple or even a few weeks.  Probably a bit of speed, but it will soon come back!  Hopefully you'll be back at it soon.  What time did you do at the 30k?  It's one BR and I ran several years ago and were the Valentine couple... :-)

WP - I'm doing Manchester.  It's one I've not done before and although it's had a few organisation issues in the last few years I'm told that these have been sorted, so thought why not... Hope your cough eases soon!

AOH - enjoy the swim!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lmh, no its not looking anymore but some choux bun looked at me as well.....
  • Found a colleague to join me for the first mile then had to be well behaved for the next four. It is honestly quite difficult but beats the alternative(s) hands down :-) LMH, I'm sure you'll make London even if you have to re-frame expectations around the outcome. Think positive, you can still do it. I remember every one of my 15 and they are all treasured memories....well maybe not the 5.07 dressed as a Bakewell tart and am resigned to the fact it's marathon no more.
  • I know I'll get round SC but that's not what I was running it for.

My first time running it Hilly, I did 2.05.35.
  • Hey, I've reached level 3 as well. Do we get extra lives :wink:

Sorry there's still no good news for you, LMH. I'm sure the time off will not have too much of a detrimental effect on your London time. You've run so well since the last VLM - I'm sure a year of brilliant running will outweigh 2 weeks off with an injury.

OH: I just casually read "work pool swim" and though wowzers, I wish they had a pool at my workplace :)

Busy at work, hope to post something longer tomorrow.

What: 5 miles at lunchtime
    Why: all I had time for
    Last hard: work
    Last rest 17/2
    Lyrics: yes

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Jnr can run when he wants too, which is infuriating as he can just turn up and go sub 20....

7.6m in just over an hour

LMH stay strong and keep the faith
  • No cancellations (yet)
    1000m in pool tonight. Still fairly coarse outside.