Friday 24 February

Lyrics: "Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams"
what: travel home
why: hopefully fixed
last hard: Thursday
last rest: well I didn't do any exercise on Thursday!

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Like I'm Gonna Lose You by Megan Trainor.

Sounds like a good news day all round OH, RFJ and Alehouse's colleague

Hope you have a safe and swift journey home are soon and back out running OH.

Glad your daughter was mostly ok RFJ. Hope she recovers quickly.

What:            nothing
    Why:             still limping
    Last hard:     not being able to run
    Last rest:       23/2

Lyrics - familiar but can't name that tune.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Morning. :)

Glad to hear the accidents didn't amount to any major damage yesterday for both RFJ's daughter and AH's colleague's family.

Nice to hear that you're good to go, OH.  Hope you have a good flight back.
    LMH: Hope your recovery goes well too, any idea when you expect to be back running?

What: 6 miles in the morning.
    Why: Sounds like a plan.
    Current Streak: Day 434.
    Lyrics: Nope.
    Have a good day. image
  • Morning! 

Have you been given any exercises,  LMH?

What: another short and easy

Why: another easy day but working all day 

Lyrics : yes!! 

Hope you rest and recover well OH! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning.

Glad all went well OH!

No idea of yesterday's lyrics or today.  :(

RFJ - also glad your daughter ok!

LMH - although you're limping still do feel any difference in the discomfort - is there some improvement?

Olliepop and alehouse - a lovely morning for a run after yesterday's awful weather!  Although forecast to return tomorrow...

What: 3 miles easy
    Why: all I have time for as out for the day
    Last hard: track
    Last rest: 16/2

Have a good day all!

• An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Nice day in Aberdeen today.
    At airport.
    Maybe head to pool for "wellness session" at noon... 
  • It's a lovely morning for a run here <<sigh>>

No idea at all Ollie. Hopefully by Wednesday but basically when I can walk without a limp I can start to think about a run.

Alehouse - no, it's a case of letting the swelling and bruising subside. I'm applying ice followed by heat to get the blood moving and staying active walking Grace etc.

I think there is some improvement Hilly. I'm not sure how much is wishful thinking though. I felt as though I wasn't limping as much on Grace's walk this morning and my leg didn't seem to get tired as quickly as it has been doing. Physio did say that she thought that once it started getting better it might then improve quite rapidly so I hope she's right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Good news OH, and likewise for your daughter too RFJ. Imagine she's a bit shaken though.
    Sounds good for your colleague too Ale.
    Is it just me that wants Leicester relegated now?
    Hilly - Southampton, two laps, same day as London (but closer to home). There are around half a dozen from my club doing it, one whippet (sub 3) and 3 of us after 3:15-3:20. Being an old duffer I get the extra 5 minutes for GFA!
    What - Greenwich hills
    Why - Looks nice out
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - yesterday in the end, Track for 25 minutes. Mile w/u, 4x600s fast, half mile easy jog. Then coached the U11s.... I'll let you decide what the harder part was ;-)

• An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Back home now  :) although 30 minutes delay
  • Judging by the opening line OH, you must be feeling better. Fastine lente. RFJ, thoughts with you and daughter, hope you get over the trauma as quickly as you can. Yes Ale...does put stuff in perspective.
    Back to hospital today to drop off latest monitor. 3rd prob with ticker diagnosed but all resolvable. May have to stop meds next week and live with prospect of SVT when running but know how to deal with it whilst waiting for 1st op. Feeling good about it, all things considered.
    Lyrics: Yes
    What: Should be a rest day but it's so nice outside
    Why: Because
    Last hard: Getting to sleep last night
    Last rest: Last Friday

• 30 minutes isn't bad for Flymaybe OH. Recover well.

Thanks for giving me a bit of perspective SC.
  • Afternoon

What 8.36
    Why a need to stop faffing about.
    Lyrics nope.

RFJ hope your daughter recovers from her traumatic experience.

LMH only just read on sub3 about your accident. Again wishing you a speedy recovery. With all your experience you will know when it is right to take up training again and adjust your training plan accordingly. However, a good reason for not using music to run to outdoors.

As for me an 8+ mile loop over favourite ground. Nothing special pace wise but ended up averaging 8's. Rest tomorrow and hopefully a spin around the ring road for old times sake.

• Squeezed out a 4.3 slow but hilly with a work colleague and didn't break him. Result Have a great weekend all. parkrun tomorrow and on standby for friend who may drop out of local 10k or considering on the day Bath Two Tunnels. It's a weird one but quite fun. (((LMH))) get well soon.

• I never run with music postie.

Enjoy SC - whichever/whatever you end up doing.
  • Never thought you did. Should have expressed myself better. Abbo this year?
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Many thanks all for the kind comments - She is OK, a bit shaken and bruised. Insurance etc all doing their jobs. And yes seat belt did its job fully thankfully.

AH - thats sounds awful too, gald all are ok

Puts everything in to perpective.

Off for a night with Jnr to Bournemouh to see the Kaiser Chiefs - I predict a Riot... :-)

3.6m with some strides at the end, as on taper for Pafos half a week Sunday :-)

Take care
  • Afternoon

Oh: Glad you are back home safe and sound

RFJ: my thoughts are with you and your daughter also Ale's collegue's family!

LMH: I hope each day you are making the improvements you need to get you back running.

SC:Goodness me good luck with all the op's that is needed.

Hilly: enjoy your day out:-)

What: 7.2 miles
    Why: All my coughing will allow
    Last hard: getting up
    Lyrics: Yes
    Last rest :17th of this month

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • 1km done in pool, which was definitely beneficial 
  • Afternoon!

"Congratulations! You've been promoted to Level 3": received from RW three times. What does it mean?

Well done, OH!

The riots are reserved for Leicester, RFJ. If I were a season ticket holder still I might send it back!

What: just 3.3k off road, but even in that time quite interesting with half a dozen trees down which meant a diversion, plus several flooded paths which required further thought!

Why: easy week. Legs haven't felt like doing much more. Hope for longer tomorrow though.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Now have had the same message five times through notifications and three times by email...and still don't know what it means!
  • No idea Alehouse - sorry.

Probably not postie.

Thanks Poppy.

Saw them a coupl eof years ago and would love to do so again RFJ - loads of energy in their show.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Dustin: don't know whether you saw this on another thread..."I went for a recce at Wollaton Park a couple of weeks ago and it was as you describe, with the odd muddy / boggy bit where the deer have been wallowing etc. However, the organisers have told the bloke from Notts AC who's designed the course to make it as muddy as possible, so he's been flooding part of the small lap especially on the racing line. He reckons there will be a few shoes lost..."

edit: there is a nice photo of the course on the "overdone it" thread!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Glad your daughter is ok, RFJ. same for your friend's family  ale.

Hope you're physio is right and you're soon back in your trainers, LMH.

RW are spamming my mailbox with level 3 mails too :s

What: yoga
    Why: being gentle with myself
    Last hard: don't do hard
    Last rest: 17/2
    Lyrics: no

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Thanks Ale, popped in to see it, wish I hadn't now!
    Oh and coming down with a dose of the sniffles, just in time!
  • Don't forget your wellies, Dustin! And have a good day, as Ollie might say!