On Cloud or Adidas Ultra Boost

Hi everyone, wonder if anyone can answer this one as I have been deliberating for a while.
I'm relatively heavy footed when I run and have worn Adidas Boost's (the originals) for the past 3 years.  I was going to buy the Ultra Boosts but there is a lot of hype about the On Cloudflow trainers.  Has anyone used both? Is it worth trying the on trainers or are the boosts still more comfortable?

i understand it's probably going to be personal preference but if anyone has opinions it would be interesting to hear.

Best regards

Pobiom
Tagged:

Comments

• Hey! I've never ran with the adidas boost's before, but I have recently switched from Nike running shoes to On Cloud racers! Personally I cant recommend the On's enough, they are by far the comfiest running shoe I have used to date. I am pretty flat footed and have a dodgy knee so I'm not the lightest on my feet either, and until my switch to the On's I suffered terribly from blisters on both the soles of my feet and occasionally on my little toes. Those woes are a thing of the past now and having been running with the On's for about 3 months now, I'm left wondering why it took me so long to to switch to a different shoe brand. The feedback you get from the On's is great too, so much spring when you want it and they are ridiculously light. Hope this helps!
  • MrSoftMrSoft ✭✭✭
    I've worn the ultra boosts but found them to be the worse shoe if you have weak ankle. I damaged my ankle ligaments 3 years ago and found I was forever rolling my ankle in them, which I never have had in any other running shoe. 
  • I wouldn't go for either personally. Far better shoes on the market than both in my opinion.

Look at Salming, New Balance and Saucony.  I am also interested in looking at the Newton range.  Think that the ON range is all hype - no grip in wet conditions, not comfortable for distances over 10 miles, must do better. I own the Cloudflow's and while they are ok, I would say that they are hands down one of the worst pair of trainers that I have bought in the last 10 pairs or so of shoes.
  • I am currently quite disappointed with On shoes at the moment. The shoes themselves are really comfy, you don't even need an adaptation period, but I have ran less than 350 miles in mine and they are completely destroyed. That means that their maximum durability was maybe 300 miles (the "clouds" are completely torn at this point. I am a light female runner, so can't imagine if I were a heavier person.
    They are way too expensive for their lifespan. I don't agree with the wet conditions or long distances (hello, marathon training during the winter? My longest runs were in february and march and it was not precisely sunny). Hope this helps!
  • Hello All my dad has run a few marathons and has kept all of his teeshirts but can't find his first one from 1995 does anyone know where I could get the white one from tried all the usual sites
  • Maybe trying on ebay ? Or trawling sporting memorabilia websites ?
  • Richard  2Richard 2 ✭✭✭
    don't the on shoes get clogged up with mud?  they look proper funky, but i would worry asbout how stable they are turning corners.

I am a big fan of boost, not only the ultra boost but nike are bringing out their sub 2 shoe in a couple of weeks