Death during runs?

I have a rather embarrassing problem when I run?

After about 4 miles or so both my legs fall off, followed by my head and then I die.
It's really interfering with my training.
Do I need new shoes or should I see a Podiatrist?

Comments

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    I think you're training too hard.  Those sorts of things should never happen.

I'm surprised you've been able to continue.
  • That's ridiculous. How will new shoes prevent your legs falling off?

It's new shorts you need. Very very strong ones by the sound of it.  Or maybe one of those Spiderman onesies  would do the trick - with the potential benefit that it might keep your head on too.
  • MacMac ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys for the sympathetic replies and valuable advice.
    Another problem with my legs falling off is that I then struggle with hills and often find my pace slows considerably?
    Of course this is compounded when I then die.
    I did seek advice from my Pod but he didn't seem sure what to do to be honest and I think he was struggling to decide what exactly he could mould the orthotics on?
    He suggested that I try more supportive shoes in conjunction with prosthetic legs?
    I'm not sure if this is the answer and of course the cost could be a fair bit.
    It's the dying part though that really hinders my training but perhaps I just need to consider taking measures to avoid my head falling off.
    Does anyone else suffer with death as a result of their head falling off?
    I did notice a while back that even top athletes like Paula Radcliffe have issues with head instability as she often seems to struggle with keeping her head on and once or twice I swear it seemed to almost fall off, particularly toward the end of a marathon?.
    I'd be interested to know how you overcame it as I don't want it to put me off running.
    I will consider looking into a tight onesey with extra head and neck support though.
    Do Asics do them as I'd want it to match my shoes?
  • MacMac ✭✭✭
    I appreciate this is an old thread but can anyone offer advice on a good neck brace and sweat restistant super glue?