Tuesday 7th March 2017 - The day they had a party

Morning.

Lyrics - The day they had a party

Sounds as though you enjoyed the break RFJ.

Hope your friend recovers quickly Alehouse.

My right calf is quite tight this morning, hopefully it will ease as I walk Grace but today will be short and easy anyway as work stops play. Physio says that I shouldn't race the half on Sunday but can do a 'medium' effort rather than a bimble, not sure how to play that. Maybe aim for MP at best? Or keep my miles up this week (as much as legs will allow) and just set myself a maximum pace?

What:              short and easy
Why:               all I have the time/legs for
Last hard:       being off form for so long
Last rest:        25/2

Yesterday's lyrics - Novocaine For The Soul by Eels.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: easy run this evening

Why: work stops play here, also

Hope the calf eases, LMH.  I'm sure you'll play Sunday by ear, and a cautious one at that!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning What 8.15 Why restoring the engine Lyrics no LMH easy does it on the half maybe do some mp Miles within it but not all. As for me my pace is improving with all but the last mile circa 7:30's. Think I'll be ready to up the mileage after the weekend. Anyway back to work now.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    alehouse my touch of class is my school motto lol! Like your latin, something I say so much!! (in English)
    OH lovely photos what a lovely place to run
    HI to 40 mins nice to see you!
    LMH go easy with the calf, oh my race was a relay and unfortunately I had to have an early leg due to Nanna commitments which  meant that I didnt make a team and was in a two woman team (leg 1 and me leg 2).  So I said to the ladies team capt, nice and easy for me no pressure!! SHe said no come on give it your best and even popped up twice while I ran my leg, so I did an 18 min 2 mile xctry leg.  I did run hard and so I'm happy!
    Postie, enjoy your run, you must get loads of miles in anyway!

What: 5 miles with work bud later ooooooh!!!!
    why: well a half is beckoning so I really should
    last hard: last night, nice 3 miler at home
    last rest: 31/12
    have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Nice xc running, wabo.

Well done at the HM, RFJ.

Those pics from yesterday are awesome, OH.

I guess I need to do something about my work-life balance to fit in longer runs mid-week ;) 

LMH: I'd probably to the half at MP, calf and hamstring permitting and tack on a few miles either side to make it a long run with MP.

Welcome back 40 Mins. Good to see you.

What: Spin class this morning
    Why: it's what I do on a Tuesday
    Last hard: getting up this morning
    Last rest: 17/2
    Lyrics: no

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Hello all
    Lyrics: Don't think so
    What: Nowt
    Why: Fun weekend
    Last Hard: Paris half
    Last Rest: Last Friday
    Looks like an interesting weekend all round. Hello 40. Nice pics of the landslide yesterday :-)
    LMH, hope it's getting better every day.

parkrun Montsouris Saturday gave a top 10 finish (Out of 27) and an indication of weather to come. Twas a tad soggy.
    Sunday and the heavens opened, we had hail, wind, rain and it was a tad on the chilly side. HR took 3 miles to settle and was on the point of pulling out when it did. Stuck in a few good miles in between the rubbish and last four faster than first three. Ended up in 1.53, should have been sub 1.45 but have to run by the rules. Cardiologist won't like the graphs tho! :-) Given the alternatives, a good day out and now I must behave for a few days. 
    I'll catch up on read back and pop back later
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Well done Stray, RFJ and Wabo on your racing
    OH - nice photos
    Hello 40!
    LmH - run the half at MP as a training run.
    what - Supposed to be 800s but hamstrings a bit tight, QoP easedthem off yesterday and suggested giving it another 24 hours. So today will be an hour easy, reps tomorrow
    why - not being stupid
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - Sunday
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Splits from Sunday: 5k:31.59, 10k:58.15, 15k:84.23, 20k:108.55, 21.1k113.36. Ho hum
  • Afternoon

RFJ: Great racing:smile:

Wabo : well done:-)

SC:That sounds a good result with everything you have to contend with so well done!!

LMH: Enjoy the short and easy run

What: 10 miles/4 miles 
    Why: Summer is coming and a race on Sunday
    Last hard : Saturday
    Last rest: 17/2
    Lyrics: Nope

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • What: probably badminton
    why: Tuesday and working until 6pm
    last rest: Friday
    last hard: a while ago
    lyrics: no

Pension statements through yesterday which look very healthy
  • It's ok to bend not break the rules SC  :) Sounds like the weather we had here - it wouldn't have helped. Not long until your appointment now.

First opportunity you get chicksta  :)

Time to ease off a little soon Poppy?

Glad the QoP could sort your hamstrings Dustin. Mine felt better for the run.

Sounds as though you're building up nicely postie.

Hope the weather holds for your run Alehouse. 

Enjoy the badminton OH.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Yep, rules are there to be broken, SC! Is there a link any more to your justgiving site (or anyone else's)? 

What: 30 mins easy

Why: L65 rehab. And all being well I should have a faster day tomorrow.

Weather was dry but blustery. Which means it will rain shortly.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.