Wednesday 8th March 2017 - This man, this dutiful man has got this sense of devotion

Morning.

Lyrics - This man, this dutiful man has got this sense of devotion

Kind of you to ask Alehouse - here's mine: http://http//uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=VLMagain

What:               something easy
Why:                 I'm not up to running hard
Last hard:         recovery is proving harder than I'd hoped
Last rest:          25/2

Yesterday's lyric - Come Back To Me - Big Country
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning! 

Ignore my thread, including the date! Thought I had posted about half an hour ago but had obviously not pressed the correct button! 

What: something quicker 

Why: Wednesday 

Lyrics : I knew mine.

Thanks for the link LMH,  but can this any longer be easily found on the RW site?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

Morning

LMH:I hope the easy was easier than you thought :)
    yes I am easing back I had planned 10+4  but woke up and body said no we are tired especially quads and arms so as always I listened.

What: 4 miles/4 miles
    Why: Listening to body
    Last hard: Saturday
    Lyrics: yes and yes to Ale's
    Last rest: 17/2

Weight loss 2lbs :)

Live each day as if it was your last  give it all you have to reap the rewards.
  • What: possibly nothing, possibly short run
    Why: on-call
    Last rest: Friday
    Last hard: ?
    Lyrics: no idea
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    what - easy lunchtime, easy tonight
    why - ran threshold yesterday, 8 miles at 7.10 pace
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - yesterday in the end
    lyric - nope
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all

I tried the link, it didn't work for me LMH
    OH if you manage the short run hope it's a good one
    Dustin enjoy the double
    wp, 4 and 4, you are doing so well and of course listening to your body as well!
    alehouse have a good run
    LMH enjoy the easy

What: only a mile
    why: had my hair done this morning lol!
    last hard: last night just over 5 in 47.50, great steady run
    last easy: 31/12

have a great day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Sorry - try cutting and pasting this: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=VLMagain

I'm not sure what you mean about it being found easily on RW Alehouse? A shame about your thread start - I could use some help  :)

Well done for being sensible Poppy - you want to be fresh for Sunday.

Won't a mile still mess your hair up Wabo?  :)

You are putting in some really good training Dustin.

Hope on call is quiet and you can get out OH.

I had a bit of a Wednesday Wobble this morning but managed to get myself out of the door, stuck mostly to the country park and had a reasonable run. I suppose it is only three weeks since I was knocked over - still haven't managed to persuade myself to run that route again  :(
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH I am not too worried about the hair to be honest it feels nice so I'll just see how it goes lol
    Oh bless you LMH I bet that does feel a bit odd. 
    Can anyone tell me how we search for events on this site??? I can't find anything like we used to have with a search thing.  I need to find a nice race for April, not too long
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    FOUND IT 
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all: WP thank you. LMH, keep on bending. Dustin, 2 x easy...restrained! Wabo: Standards
    Saw surgeon today and wait time is around eight months. Green light to carry on, be sensible, but expect more episodes. Oh well, at least I know how to handle those. Annual check on the nasty bit next month so will keep going until those results come through. Meanwhile:
    Lyrics: Yes and yes to Ale's too
    What: Something easy
    Why: Need a run and no one to run with
    Last Hard: Sunday:
    Last rest: Yesterday
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

LMH: there used to be an "about me" type section where people said how long they had been running, favourite events etc and one could write a section about running history etc and some people include a just-giving link. Can't find that section now! Thanks for the link!

Largely positive news, SC! Just be careful, not that it needs me to say that! Can't find your just-giving page either!

What: not the greatest running at lunchtime! Was going to do a hard session but it didn't really happen.

Why: hamstrings weren't working in the warm up, lower legs were like wood, breathing was rubbish, it was far, far windier than I had realised, still had Monday's long run in my legs, willpower was lacking. Choose from the above excuses! Otherwise the run was fine.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • SC - glad you can make all the races you had planned in the next few months.

Oh dear Alehouse - we all have them. Hopefully tomorrow's will be better.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Ale: No pages running just now.
    5 miles steady. 1st three pedestrian last two normalish. Legs were very heavy until mile 4 then suddenly all fine. Result. Now I have a timeframe I see a few more races on the horizon. :-)
  • just back from second run and my faster legs turned up boy oh boy I worked hard!
    Live each day as if it was your last  give it all you have to reap the rewards.
  • Finished day work late and weather foul this evening so zilch
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    A shame, OH!

And back off now, WP!
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Knackered... day one of the move done... day two tomorrow, no run today, but hoping to sneak out for my last Andover run tomorrow morning

Take care, may be off line for a while due to new home internet etc... take care and see you on the other side...