Wednesday 15th March 2017 - I left my heart in San Francisco with some club kids

Morning.

Lyrics - I left my heart in San Francisco with some club kids

Physio pronounced herself amazed by my healing powers but says that right hamstring is still quite tight and left quad has a definite (though smaller) sore spot still. I now have battered legs and some impressive looking bruises but it's forecast to be a good running day, I don't have any work and Ashby is on Sunday so I'm going to try for a LSR so that I can then ease back for the next few days.

What:                  hopefully a LSR
Why:                   see above
Last hard:           sleeping
Last rest:            25/2
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics were "Bright Side of thee Road", Van Morrison.  DOn't know today's.

What: something off road this pm

Why: will be very dependent on how the legs feel. Whatever thy decide will beat  gentle pace.

All sounds good, LMH! Did you see my suggestion that you should do a 10k on the 8th or 9th of April?  :)

Another great evening for Leicester fans yesterday!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I didn't see that Alehouse. I had considered it but I won't be as we're going away for the weekend.

My legs feel trashed this morning, walk didn't seem to help much so not sure what's going to happen on my run. If they don't decide to come to the party I shall have to cut it short.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Good news LmH
    what - 1k reps I think
    why - shirked them last night, instead coached the paarlauf session. Ended up doing 20x200s at something like 10k pace. Felt relaxed.
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - today probably, before that it was Sunday
    lyric - nope
  • What 8 Why needed to Lyrics no Tale of woes yesterday so snoozed through run time. Bit better today, though nothing to crow about.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Morning all. Good news LMH. Bad news here is all workmates broken and no gazelle whilst I am extremely jaded
    Lyrics: Thought yes then no fairly quickly.
    What: Whatever I can get out of my legs and into my heart
    Why: See above
    Last hard: Making it to tkd last night
    Last rest: Sunday
    Half on Sunday will now definitely be LSR and nothing else. 
  • Maybe take a day off to freshen up SC?

We all have those days postie - today is a new one.

Not quite so good Dustin - legs were just not interested today so LSR ended up being a MLR, you've got to know when the horse is dead and there's no point flogging it. A shame as it's a lovely morning.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    LMH: Planned rest day Friday and just a parkrun Saturday. Want to keep the miles going as HR dpendent I fancy a controlled 1.45-1.50 in Berlin but I need the base fitness to keep HR down. A long way from days of 1.30 and even more of a challenge! :-)

• What: dunno
    Why: on-call
    Last hard: Monday
    Last rest: Friday
    Lyrics: no

Nice day here after the wind yesterday
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sensible hat, LMH. Sorry to hear the legs didn't play ball but give them time to get over the physio's battering. Think of the main goal which is to get to the start line of VLM.

OH: hope you can get out. Some of that wind has arrived over here. It's certainly breezy out there.

SC: fingers crossed you can get some sort of run out of those jaded legs (and heart).

What: 1.7k swum this morning / run planned for tonight
    Why: I am a shite swimmer and I'd love to get better at it
    Last hard: swimming is always hard for me... I over glide and my catch is weak. So drills, drills and more drills are required
    Last rest: 17/2
    Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Afternoon, and a very pleasant one it is too; a pleasant 14 degrees, gentle breeze and perfect for running.

What: 65 minutes, off road in the main

Why: had time. Legs very tired by the end. Last three days have been 15k, 10k, 11.5k which is a high volume for me these days. Easy run planned for tomorrow evening, so they will get a good day's rest.

Chick: if you can swim 1.7k then you can't be too bad a swimmer!

LMH:  what Chick  wrote. 

No OL or Wabo for a few days: hope their streaks are still going strong. Just checked and I'm on day 966.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    spooky alehouse, I have so far run every day, today it will be hard. I feel just awful, pain in the left side of face that just will not go.  Don't think it's a tooth thing, it hurts in my neck in my shoulder.  I could cry.  So for this reason potentially I will not run - be gutted if that's the case.
    Alehouse ice running
    chick, I know where you are coming from with the swimming lol! I have no style but can swim for ages.
    sc hope you get a run done
    Dustin, nice one!
    LMH nice news from fizz
    what: I hope at least a mile though my daughter will kill me
    why: streak 
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest 31/12
    Blooming wish I had run this morning now
    have a good day all 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Hope you get out there, Wabo! Remember, "Pain is temporary, Pride is permanent"....

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    4.5 done and dusted. PE much higher than expected. Looking forward to a rest of Friday but not tkd tonight.
    Wabo...could still be a tooth..if infected! Get better soon and hope you get out today.
  • Please be careful Wabo - your health is worth more than a mile for the sake of it. If the pain is that bad I'd suggest a trip to the dentist or doctor.

Glad you were able to get out SC. Sounds like a bit of cumulative fatigue maybe?

Have you had some one to one swimming lessons chicksta?

Given the bruises the physio left I'm inclined to think that and the effort on Sunday are probably responsible for the state of my legs this morning, ice, foam roller and compression tights seem to have helped.
  • Afternoon 
    Wabo please seek help and do not run your health is more important sounds like a tooth problem:-(
    What: 4+4
    Why Summer is coming
    last hard: The state of my legs until today and losing front door key on run!
    Lyrics: No
    Last rest 17/2

Legs finally feel back to normalish so hoping to go longer tomorrow.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening
    What: walking and resting
    Why: being sensible
    Last hard: Monday
    Lyrics: nope

LMH I'm not too surprised your legs didn't want to play today.  Mine were just about ok for walking after the battering the physio gave them!

Ale well done on the streak, 1000 days is in sight!
    Wabo hope you feel better soon.

Have a good evening all
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    evening all

more moving in duties done.... British Gas are trying my patience with some really poor customer service....

So off exploring local area tonight for 30 mins and 3.8m

Take care all