Newton Gravity

David J 27David J 27 ✭✭✭
As a neutral forefoot runner - my shoe of choice has been Saucony Kinvaras. Like the light weight and flex but slightly disappointed by the life span (4 months of solid wear) and altho I've 4 hour hilly marathoned in them - cushioning for that distance/time very slightly lacking.  
Took the plunge, been tempted for a while with Newton Gravity. Although they come up ever so slightly snugger than normal UK8s I'm extremely pleased. Light. Really feel designed for forefoot running. Feel encouragingly fast. But also feel they have that bit extra cushioning for 2 hour plus runs. They feel more flat than the advertised 3mm drop (probably because of the forefoot pods) - and felt a slight strain on calves for first few runs. Now feel natural.
No reason for post - its Friday and I just felt like sharing - and after many years I may have found a road shoe that's just right.
I'm not sure many traditional running shoe brands have grasped forefoot running, eg Inov8 just have lower drop in faster/lighter racers - if you want a more meaty shoe you have to wear almost high heels. Others similarly have flats as flimsy racers and high heel wedges when you want cushioning.....??
Tagged:

Comments

• Point of order - isn't it Thursday ??
  • careful Cougie... he's defying Gravity....
    lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  •  ... knew I was losing it - I was doing my WFH day a day early ... real reason is the aging mind .....
  • Hope to try some Newton's (Distance and Fate's) at the London Expo on Saturday David.  Not sure what shoes t run in this Sunday - currently a choice between my NB Vazee 2090's and testing Salming's claim of whether my Race 5's are up to tackling a full Marathon on fairly good road surfaces.

• David J 27David J 27 ✭✭✭
    Hi. Sorry not been online for ages. Update on my Gravitys ..... still feel fast and make we want to run fast. Light. However.... (know there are other variables - eg bit more tired as work is long hours and travel over last few months) but not sure if I'm completely happy to do 15+ miles in them. Maybe its just running faster but it still feels like a bit more calf strain and never 100% comfy if I relax into the super relaxed long slow distance mode. also other minor niggle is that grip on wet greasy pavement is not great - probably just as limited to the forefoot strips for contact. For me jury still out and its a "Very nearly". 
    Salmings sound interesting. Looking for that elusive - low drop, slightly cushioned, very flexible marathon shoe.