Friday 24th March 2017 - With two hundred people in suits all the same

Morning.

Lyrics - With two hundred people in suits all the same

Ouch emzap. Hope you're feeling ok this morning?

What:             hopefully a couple of miles more than my usual short and easy
Why:              clock's ticking
Last hard:      making it through to my jab
Last rest:       25/2
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning & Happy Friday
    Ouch Emz, hope there is no headache this morning
    Ouch RFJ, but at least you were aware there was an issue. Could have been a nasty surprise!
    What - easy lunchtime
    Why - recovery day
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - Tuesday. Did some strides last night but just 2.5 miles in total.
    Starting a Saturday morning track coaching session tomorrow (rotating with 2 or 3 other coaches) aimed at 1500-5k, 10k at a push. Won't be pushing too hard myself until May, but first track fixtures (seniors and vets) only a few weeks away. 
    lyric - not sure I do

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Achy, a bit dizzy and headache this morning but doctor said to expect it for up to a week.  Luckily no bruise though so I don't have to explain that away!  To be honest mostly I'm very tired so resting should help that.

What: rest
    Why: see above
    Last hard: that lacrosse ball
    Lyrics: nope 

Yesterday's lyrics were I love you baby - Frankie Valley and the Four Seasons.

Rfj that is a hefty bill...

Have a nice day all.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    I avidly avoid all games with sticks. Recover well emzap. What's the protocol on returning to Lacrosse?
    Lyrics : Not today
    What: Something short 
    Why: Early finish but off for some dental re-work but need to see effects of new meds
    Last hard: Not running yesterday as had to pop to see my cardio re meds
    Last rest: Yesterday then.
  • Hope the new meds help SC - and that the dental work isn't too stressful or expensive.

Must have been a hard hit ball emzap! Glad you're not feeling too bad.

What distance are you planning to race on the track Dustin?
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

OMG, emzap :o must be a very rough club ...

Ouch, dentist .... rather you than me, SC.

LMH: was thinking about tris but I found I can't be bothered with all the gear you need. Wetsuits, bikes .... just too much faff. I just enjoy a different approach to staying in shape now that marathons are off the cards :smiley:
    The variety seems to help with my backache too which is a nice plus. My left leg doesn't go numb as much as it used to and the sciatica rarely raises its ugly head these days. So all good.

What: 10 miles done on a cold but beautiful calm morning
    Why: it was just too nice out there to miss this opportunity
    Last hard: probably yesterday's pool drills
    Last rest: 17/2
    Lyrics: no

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    emzap oh my goodness hope you are ok, take it easy
    sc enjoy something short!
    Dustin have a nice easy lunchtime run
    lmh enjoy yours and hope you get the couple extra
    chick, my daughter said exactly the same as you and it started through the night.  After jodie had another SVT incident - I think all the things that happen to my loved ones has sort of caught up with me and I am clenching or grinding my jaw.  I wake up with such an ache all round the one tooth every morning :-(
    wp nice 10 miler!!
    so onwards and upwards
    what: 1.5 miles this morning
    why: ticking over
    last hard: sunday half really
    last rest: 31/12
    going to see my mum Sunday but she doesnt know yet
    Gonna try get a mlr (for me) tomorrow about 5 maybe
    have a great weekend all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Dentist just a filling repair. New meds are form of beta blocker. Huge shock. Just back from 3.5 miles running through treacle and reduced to walking. 11min miles+. Shattered. Not sure what's going on. Waiting from call back from GP for re-assurance. If this is the next 6-8 months these meds are going. :-(

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh SC sorry to hear that, it must be frustrating 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Change of plan - going to work through and bunk off early so I can hit the fields for an hour before it gets dark.
    LmH - Looking to do vets 800/1500 and seriously want to have a crack at posting a half decent (for me) time at 5k and 10k later in the summer. 5k possibly track, 10k will have to be road.
    £10 voucher from Endurancelife for my V50 'win' at the weekend!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Doesn't sound good, SC, or Emz!

Lyrics: no

What: a couple of ks easy running, 1k hard, then another k easy

Why: trying to get a feel for running faster with LFoM in mind...and failing. Not very optimistic at present but I guess I will be fresher and a race is different to training alone. Arms and stomach felt particularly weak today. So more work needed there, starting in April with summer races in mind.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Nice win, Dustin.

We all have good and bad days, ale. You've done quite a few longish runs lately, maybe they left you a bit worn out as the body hasn't quite caught up yet.

wabo: there you have it. A mouthgard will help :)

SC: I think beta blockers slow down your HR which makes exercise harder ... Mr. Chick was prescribed them for a while when he had really bad stress at work and his blood pressure went through the roof. He couldn't run a mile before having to shuffle ...  he came off the meds when he changed jobs and hasn't needed them since.
  • SC - yep, sounds like the beta blockers I'm afraid. Hope the doc can come up with an acceptable alternative.

Enjoy the fields Dustin - hope it isn't too muddy. You have a great range, I'm sure I'd be rubbish at 800m.

chicksta - no wetsuit required for a pool based sprint and certainly over here your normal bike would be perfectly acceptable and not out of place at most sprint events - though you obviously wouldn't be as fast as you might be on a super light speed machine. I started with an entry level road bike - £500 or so - you can hire wetsuits for the season too or buy them secondhand.

Alehouse - racing is very different from training alone. I can't do one mile at race pace without a number on.

Wabo - ask your dentist about a mouthguard.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Today's run wasn't too bad Chick! Just not as good as I had hoped! Better than three weeks ago... probably due to improved weather! Agree with LMH!

Know nothing about beta blockers. Or teeth!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

I managed a walk into town today 4 km in total. Then slept this afternoon and am feeling much better. Haven't done any of the prep I needed to do today though so will have to do it tomorrow before our visitors arrive. 

SC I'd also say beta blockers...
    Chick, there's a Göttingen tri in august that has a pool swim, no wetsuit and plenty of 100€ bikes.  I'm sure there'll be one near you too.
    Ale it'll come once the number's on.

Have a nice evening all.