AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Pirate

I'm fairly new here but a long time lurker.

I keep seeing pirates being mentioned. How on earth does one become a pirate on here?

Be gentle, it's a serious question!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2017
    The pirates are the forums triathlon section.... focused primarily on Ironman distance triathlon.

You'll see us at events, dressed in yellow with a black skull and cross bones for decoration.... and usually either drunk, knackered, and often both!

www.pirateshipoffools.co.uk

To become a pirate you need do nothing more than join in the banter on the tri section and on the pirate page on Facebook.... you WILL however be pressganged into triathlon, and as many have found out in a moment of panic, that usually means you'll have entered an Ironman before you realise what is happening...  :D
    lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • Options
    Gambatt3Gambatt3 ✭✭✭
    So, what do you have to do to get 'pirate' next to your name?
    (I'm at Outlaw for my first full in July)
  • Options
    Since the change in the forum Gambatt I have absolutely no idea .. I would hazard a guess at hitting the 'report to moderator' button and asking that way