Options

How waterproof are Inov-8 Roclite 325-GTX?

Hi

I haven't posted on RW for years, so please forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong section, as I'm not familiar with this new fangled format!

I'm an ex (temporarily, I hope) hill runner, and last year, I had a major stroke. Being on the younger side, I'm recovering well, but I live in the middle of chalk downland, and want to get out walking further. My right arm, leg and foot were affected, and I can't wear my old walking boots any more, as they're way too heavy. I need a boot that's light with good grip, and that's also waterproof. I've been looking at Inov-8s, as I used to run in Roclites years ago, and they were fantastic. 

I was wondering how waterproof the 325-GTXs are? I've looked at the model online, and the toe box appears to be mesh, which doesn't look promising! 

Can anyone help, please?

Answers

• Options
    QrszxQrszx ✭✭
    Hi there,

I don't know if this is much help, but I looked the boot up on Inov-8's site and they constantly refer to it as "waterproof". Unfortunately, I don't own a pair, but that designation should hopefully mean it does what you want it to.

Good luck at getting back on the trail!
  • Options
    Hi there

thanks for taking the time to reply! I looked at the specs on the website, too - I was more wondering how waterproof they are in reality - the toe box looks suspiciously similar to my Roclite shoes, which is great for breathability...but not so great for stomping through muddy bogs in walking gear!

thanks again though. And your good wishes are much appreciated!
  • Options
    HA77HA77 ✭✭✭
    I've not got a pair but I've had a pair of waterproof shoes in the past that still looked like mesh on the top but had a gortex lining providing the waterproofing. I got a couple of pairs of inov8s and rate them pretty highly and think if they say waterproof, they probably are. Looks like a good option for a walking boot. Good luck
  • Options
    Hi

Ah, I see - I didn't consider a gore-tex layer might be underneath the mesh! That's really helpful, thank you. I guess I'm just suspiciously minded ;) 

Thank you!
  • Options
    roebyroeby ✭✭✭
    Ive had roclites .I found them not waterproof at all , however they do drain very well when running .If I,m out for hours and know Im gonna get cold wet feet I,ll wear sealskinz aswell .
  • Options
    Roeby, was that the 325-GSX model? I've found the same as you with the shoes, but they're not advertised as waterproof!