Sunday 9th April 2017 - she pulls the shade, it's just another

Morning.

Lyrics - She pulls the shade, it's just another

Go we'll RFJ.

We caught the sun yesterday Alehouse - didn't think of sun cream when I looked at the forecast and packed!

I'm not sure there are any chicksta, it's a local Rotary club fundraiser.

How far will you go today Dustin?

I'm resisting the temptation of a pre breakfast run though I'm not 100% sure we'll make the race as the landlady is inflexible on breakfast time and I'm not bothered enough to give up the last morning of my mini break or make Mark miss his cooked breakfast
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Hope you get to the race, LMH. Sounds like a good weekend!

What: short and easy

Why: typical Sunday
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: 16.2 km d&d
    Why: went to running group, no one was there so carried on. What a beautiful morning
    Last hard: bruises on shoulder after physio, turns out knock to the head has done my neck in a bit...
    Lyrics: nope

Hope you get there lmh!

Have a great day all and enjoy the weather. We're off for a walk to get cake :) should add another 6 or 7 km on.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Yeap the sun was out and it was HOT...

Even with the sun and hills todays, kept it all together and ran 1:37:28, which was my aim for pafos, 5 weeks ago, so happy to nail it today, and despite suncream feel I have caught it though.

Happy :smile:
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Rfj well done! That's a great run.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Excellent, RfJ :) well run

Hope you made it to the event, LMH

Ouch, em. Great run though.

What: 10k run and 30k biked.
     Why: Gorgeous day
    Last hard:Monday
    Last rest 17/2
    Lyrics: no
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Even got caught on camera, and photo put on the Wiltshire Athletic Ass FB page....

• Great race RFJ and lovely action shot:-)

What: 4 miles fast
    Why: legs wanted to
    Last hard: All last week
    Last rest: Yesterday I felt so ill
    But this morning it was 20 degrees at 9am but I wanted to run fast and fastest for this course in 16 months! mind you my foot is down to a dull ache so that may have helped:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • So glad you are feeling better Poppy.

My physio does that to me emzap.

Nice multi training chicksta.

Glad you're happy with your race RFJ.

We made it to the race. It was very warm and the 1100hrs start didn't help with that. I didn't manage to PB (not surprising really after 96 miles last week, two big eating and drinking days, the heat and the hilly, trail course - they are my excuses and I'm using them all!) but I somehow managed to be first woman home and at the presentation they told me I was only one second over the women's course record! I must admit when I realised that I wasn't going to PB (after the fourth mile) I did ease back a bit as the surface was very rough and I was feeling the heat and the hills. Anyway the prize was a lovely bunch of flowers and a glass trophy.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Nice work LMH! Wasn't expecting you to PB! And now back off until the morning of the 23rd!
    And well done RFJ!

Just 25 minutes here, which was all I intended to do.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    evening all
    Well done LmH especially after the big mileage week.
    You too RFJ, decent time. Loving the green kit too.
    what: easy slow run with the village group. Bit further than planned (18.8miles) but was too lovely not to be out. Followed that up with 9 mile round trip amble to a lovely country pub for food & drink. 
    why: Run + Sun = happy me
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - struggled more with 8 yesterday than today's long run..
    Taper time now

• Great Race and Nice pic.
    <a href="https://www.flowerstation.co.uk">Jasmine Rhyas</a>