PF advise please...

I woke up yesterday with a pain just forward of my left heal when I put weight of the foot. - No pain with no load.

I've been advised that this seems like PF and came on the day after I'd spend a long time standing in work shoes (flat inside) - so it seems to make sense.

I rested it for a day, and then the pain was much less this morning - Did the Wolf Run as it was less, and strangely when I put the (old) pair of Asics on for the event, I couldn't even feel any issue.  Event went fine.

This evening, in socks around the house, and in classic trainers, it's come back.  I tried putting some new Asics on to see if they did the same as by older pair (which are now well and truly ruined) - They didn't.

I've ordered a massage ball to use from tomorrow, but wondered if anyone can give any other advice?

Am I better wearing shoes at home rather than just socks?
Should I try and wear running trainers to work as much as I can (travelling, in the office etc).
Anything else you can think of?

The pain isn't immense, but I don't want it to get worse, or stop me running.  

TIA.

Comments

• Chris2304Chris2304 ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue with work shoes. Many people have had success with simple insoles with a bit more arch support (I got mine from Amazon for a few quid) - the jury is out for me so far on the effectiveness.

Other things to try include calf stretches (PF can be caused by tightness in the calf) and a foot 'splint' you can sleep in.

Because PF is an inflammation, I've found it tends to build over time. So a small ache will slowly turn into a very painful issue, if not addressed.

Good luck! 

Chris