Options

Saturday 15th April 2017 - Sometimes I wake up in the morning

Morning.

Lyrics - Sometimes I wake up in the morning

Looks as though we're getting typical Bank Holiday weekend weather but it could be worse, just grey, chilly and breezy today. Hope you get better walking weather today emzap.

Enjoy the 5k OH.

Nice to run somewhere different SC.

Typically my MiL, FiL and BiL have decided to come and watch at London for the first time - as well as Mark. Whilst it feels really nice that they want to come and support me this year might not have been the best choice. FiL has always taken great delight in tracking my progress round the course and was diagnosed with dementia last year (hence my running for Alzheimer's), he's not great with crowds already so I guess it's probably this year or not at all but I do hope they can find somewhere not too busy for him - and that I don't disappoint.

What:               short and easy or nothing
Why:                battered body
Last hard:        being so beaten up at this stage
Last rest:         14/4

Yesterday's lyrics - Hyper Chondriac Music - Muse.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning lmh

Nice of them to show support but I do know what you mean...

What: hopefully 17 km hike
    Why: it's beautiful here!
    Last hard: Wednesday
    Lyrics: nope

SC drove through Monmouth yesterday!

Have a great day all
  • Options
    Bright sunny but a bit cool here.
    Els should be getting briefing before gun at 9:00

What: possibly 5k then a little bit more around Callander Crags.Then will try to get a few photos of race.
    Why: in Callander
    Last hard: long drive yesterday
    Last rest: technically yesterday!
    Lyrics: no
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Afternoon!

Bright and sunny here...but blustery and cold. Wore four tops, gloves, hat.

What: just over 30 mins

Why: easy day. Ran most of it with L66 who is still recovering from injury.

Hope you managed to get to the 5k, OH, and that you spot Els a few times!

Enjoy the hike, Emz

LMH: are the arm or knee affecting sleep? 

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Sorry Stray for my poor use of english. I was outmanoeuvring the cows rather than taking up herding cattle!
    LmH - good that you have a support crew, I always think that is harder than running, but will be lovely at the finish,
    OH - hope the day goes well
    what - track, 400/800/1200/1600/1200/800/400 off 90s recovery.
    I coached and jogged round!
    why - club session/taper
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - counting the days. Number arrived this morning so it's getting close. 
  • Options
    Both Alehouse though the arm probably slightly more. Cold here too, especially in the wind - though it looks as though it's trying to brighten up now.

I just have to ensure I don't add them to my list of things to stress about Dustin - as I feel responsible for them being there I'll worry about FiL getting stressed with the crowds etc.

Felt pretty rubbish by the time we'd walked Grace and done the shopping so decided that a short run was probably not going to do much for my fitness and may make me feel worse, went for a walk instead and judging by how the knee felt it was the right decision:-(
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    1st Lady in 5:57 for Els :smile:

Callander 5k followed by rather slower 6miles over Callander Crags getting back to see Elspeth over the line (30 minutes earlier than she predicted!).
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sounds a good day OH! Say well done to Els!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Nice OH and well done Els

Nice session Dustin

Happy days here, trip to Devon to see the out laws stopped off at Taunton (Long Meadow parkrun) with a nice 19:47 :-)

Take care
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done, RFJ! Is Long Meadow a particularly quick course? 
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Ale, its flat and mostly on gravel hard packed paths with the odd bit of grass and tarmac, and came out as 3.15m on the garm too :-) (thinks its actually Longrun Meadow)
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Even better, RFJ! Certainly heading in the right direction at present!