Monday 17th April 2017 - We gotta keep the light burning

Morning.

Lyrics - We gotta keep the light burning

I regularly see she sheep on my runs and there were lots of Easter bunnies around yesterday.

What:            something short or nothing - will see how knees feel after walking Grace
Why:             London/sanity
Last hard:     healing seems to be harder at 50
Last rest:      15/4

Yesterday's lyrics - My Church by Maren Morris.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: around 45 minutes

Why: about time I did something a little longer after two easy weeks, not that they have felt easy.

Hope to get the run in before the forecast rain arrives. Edit: just seen the forecast and it is much better than I thought it would be. Now says showers are unlikely.

And does anyone know about the Tomtom cardio watch?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • No running for me - walking was enough for the knees today.

Hope you have a good one Alehouse. Can't help with the Tomtom I'm afraid. Why are you thinking of that rather than a Garmin?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Morning again!

Sounds like no running for a few days is the best thing to do, LMH.

Re Tomtom, son has one and loves it...but he rarely runs. Price is good at present. Figures are big! Not that I am unhappy with my 310, but it won't last forever! The Tomtom I am looking at has built in wrist HRM.

What: a pleasant enough 48 minutes, largely off road.

Why: MLR for the week.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Ale. Post diagnosis pb yes but still a way off pre. If I can keep the current programme together and build the base miles I think I could sfaely get down to about 19-45 by summer but I really won't push the HR cos it's just not worth  it. All dependent on MoT next week too but really pleased to be sub 21 again. Re Tomtom, keep me posted. I had the Forerunner 3 series and liked it. Got upgrade a couple of years back to 610 and I love that too. It's the monitor strap I find a bugbear, especially when hot and sweaty and it keeps slipping no matter the tension. It's easy to know VLM is this weekend. Today's stroll saw score+dog walkers, ramblers, a dozen cyclists but only one other runner. Taper time
    LMH stay positive and rest.
    Lyrics: Nope
    What: 8 miles slow and steady and flat.
    Why: It's all about he base no trouble
    Last Hard: Polishing off the port last night at a dinner party with friends
    Last Rest: Last Wednesday

• I'll take it day by day Alehouse. Borrow the watch for a day or two and have a play then.

SC - Mark really likes his 235 which has a wrist HRM which he feels is accurate.
  • Morning

LMh: Sorry to hear knees are not up to it hopefully a few days rest and they will be okay!

Ale: I am also surprised at not a Garmin I would not think of anything but a garmin as I think they are the best on the market.

What: 8.1 miles
    Why: Summer is coming
    last hard: learning instead of 100 cals burnt per mile it near to 65!
    Lyrics: No

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    what - 5 miles easy, chasing bunnies
    why - tapir time
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - avoiding chocolate and alcohol and drinking enough water
    lyric - nope
  • What: 3 and a bit miles around park in Kirkcaldy
    why: visiting friends 
    last hard Saturday around Callander Crags
    last "rest": Friday
    lyrics: negative as usual

have had a few issues with garmins, largely locking up and falling battery life
  • Normally happens when they start to get old OH.

I seem to be actively seeking out both to make me feel better Dustin..............
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all

LMH hope the knee heals soon

yes keep us updated on the Tom Tom please Ale (currently on the 310, but having signal issues at the starts of runs)

5.25m this morning

Followed by a good afternoon with Jnr and a friend at the Cottage.... enter into the play off zone :-)

• Els has 210, I have 410
    410 picks up satellite far quicker than 210
  • I have 310 but just bought 230 so far 2 runs with both watches on I am getting the 230 to act like 310.

I did the same with new laptop 3 years ago had to have it set up like old computer I don't do change very well.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression