Wednesday 19th April 2017 - Well I guess it would be nice

Morning.

Lyrics - Well I guess it would be nice

Sounds hectic SC - enjoy!

Knees still making an awful lot of disturbing noises when I walk down stairs, large bump on the right one which still can't bend properly. I'm beginning to wonder if it will all come good in time. I know that arm won't so not worth worrying about that!

What:               almost certainly nothing
Why:                 knees
Last hard:         not being able to run
Last rest:          19/4
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Keep the faith, LMH!

Lyrics: yes. Didn't we have these recently?

What: something, but as yet to be decided

Why: woke up with sore hips; indeed I struggled to bend and put my socks on! No idea what has caused this, but both hips are affected, which I guess is good!

Working a couple of hours this morning; yesterday was a full day and came as a bit of a shock as most of it was spent standing and the legs were tired by the end of the afternoon. Perhaps there is a link to the hips issue!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    And yesterday's lyrics were "My Generation", by The Who.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I may have used them recently Alehouse - my memory is rubbish - apologies if so.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    what - easy run tonight (possibly) , off to the Expo lunchtime to collect a club mates number
    why - ticking over. 7 miles yesterday: 2 at MP between 5 easy. 
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - waiting
    Checked the forecast for Sunday - 12-14c mild and breezy, especially on the coast. Good job Southampton is nowhere near the sea then...  
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    AFTERNOON ALL
    lyrics yes...
    lmh, hope the knees do settle
    alehouse and the hips, you must have done something, think back
    Dustin enjoy the easy expo run!
    what: 1 mile at 6 am 
    why: hair done this morning off to see Bruno Mars later
    last hard: getting up to fit it in so early ( for me)
    last rest: 31/12
    see because I have said I'll run everyday it just has to happen, I love that
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    SC: Have fun in Madrid.

Ale: could it come from your back? Guess I'm a bit single-minded these days :)  but a lot of bad stuff comes from the back :(

wabo:
    I'm sure Bruno will appreciate the new hairdo ;)  Enjoy.

OMG, already expo time! How exciting.

Sorry to hear that the recovery is so slow, LMH. Let's all hope and pray for a miracle.

What: 6 miles bright and early
    Why: Can't sleep, might as well run
    Last hard: everything is a bit of a struggle right now
    Last rest: 17/2
    Lyrics: yes

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Once I had got into my running the hip discomfort disappeared. Or the aches in every other part of my legs took attention away from them! Anyway, was pleased with today's effort.

What: 12k largely off road at a slightly faster pace than usual.

Why: am trying to run the longer runs in the newly commenced block of training slightly faster than I did in the previous block.
  • I feel your pain chicksta.

Enjoy this evening Wabo.

Good that everything eased off Alehouse.

Saw physio today as she had a cancellation, it's the insertion point of the patella tendon that's swollen and causing the main problem, she has turned me into Robocop and told me that I'm fine to run - whether I'll be able to manage the pace I was hoping for and whether the pain will cause an issue are just two of the unknowns. Better news than it may have been anyway. I can try a short run tomorrow.
  • 4 and a bit miles done. Slowly edging back to being on target for 1000miles/2017
    Tired after travelling yesterday
    Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    How far have you done so far this year, OH? There are 255 days left so I'm sure that 1000 is easily achievable...and 2017k is not out of the question! Let's hope you have an illness and injury free remainder of the year!

Will you actually run tomorrow, though, LMH; would an extra day or two of rest be more beneficial? Difficult to call!
  • I will try a little run tomorrow Alehouse then rest if necessary on Friday and run again Saturday - unless the knee feels bad after walking Grace in which case I won't. Physio advised running on Friday and resting tomorrow and Saturday but I need to run the day before or I feel really sluggish and horrible, it's difficult to do any kind of a warm up at London too.

Are you doing the Orkney marathon this year OH?
  • 6.5 miles today for me:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • 286/2017 AH (299/2017 would be on target for 1000/2017)
    Not given up on 2017k just aiming for lower targets first.
    (still have to fit in a hernia op sometime this year :| )
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: 5.5 km with hill repeats followed by lawn mowing
    Why: got a busy month ahead, needed to now the lawn and only realised half way through my run!
    Last hard: the final hill repeat.
    Lyrics: nope

Have a lovely evening all
  • OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭
    Evening.

What: 4 miles plus 10k cycle.
    Why: Marathon training is starting.
    Current Streak: Day 488.
    Lyrics: Yes.

Delayed the start of the recovery plan for a week, simply doing a mile or so a day, this week marks the start of the recovery plan, which I hope to segue into the P&D 70 - 85 plan.

Hope everyone is well. :)
    Have a good day. image
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Ale - good to hear you felt better on the run

Good news in a way LMH :-)

OH nice target

5.05m for me with 6 x 600m intervals

Take care