Options

Saturday 22nd April 2017 - I never wanted to be taken

Morning.

Lyrics - I never wanted to be taken

Would you recommend Robin Hood Ollie?

Hope Southampton puts on a good race and you get the result your training deserves Dustin.

What:                short and easy/travelling to London
Why:                 leg loosener/I've got a race to run
Last hard:         getting to the start line
Last rest:           21/4

Yesterday's lyrics - Get Ready by The Temptations
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Enjoy London and Southampton, LMH and Dustin, and Madrid, SC! I think I would settle for the latter! 

Lyrics: no

What: gentle jaunt around Burnage parkrun. Just over 24 minutes.

Why: easier running in a group.

Hope other parkrunners and racers enjoy their runs. Perfect day for a visit to Delamere for RFJ.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Morning

Good Luck LMH,Dustin and SC lets hope the wind is behind you:-)

Ale: How are you getting on with Tomtom?

Nothing for me I felt ill and very tired today so decided to play it safe so have made some bread pud and a tex mex shephards pie with quorn mince to keep me out pf trouble:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Have yet to play with the Tomtom, WP! Have charged it and will have a play about with it over the next few days. And sorry to hear you are not well.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Safely in London where my number was waiting for me. Fully expecting my first 5k tomorrow to be my fastest as I shall know by then whether it's happening or not and will ease back and enjoy the day if it isn't. I did run three miles this morning and my left knee is nearly where it was pre fall but the right is nowhere near and I just can't seem to run at pace - an issue with power transfer maybe? Whatever I'll see how it goes and make the most.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    what - track session (coaching!) - I did jog the warm up and cool down though
    why - Target tomorrow
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - staying sane

Appreciate the good wishes and I'm possibly the best prepped I can be. Long runs done (averaged close to 70mpw this year), speed done, tune up races gone to plan, so just need it to stay controlled for another 24 hours.
    Obvious target is the 3h20 GFA but ideally I want 3h15. 
    Relaxed first half in 1h38, then see what happens....
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    All the best tomorrow racers (LMH Dustin Ollie)

Parkrun no 375 completed at Delamere today, loved it, hard course but beautiful, 17th in 21:13

Very happy with the Fulham score

Take care all
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Glad you enjoyed Delamere, RFJ! Can be quite stunning on a day like today! Meant to warn you that the course is probably worth a minute. And yes, great Fulham result! Hope they keep it going for the rest of the campaign. Enjoy Chester! Remember there is a marathon there in the Autumn!
    Not sure that OL is racing tomorrow, though. 
  • Options
    An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    What: 13.2 rough miles on newly opened first section of St Magnus Way
    Why: had to be done and now back on target for 1000/2017
    last hard: see above
    last rest: 8 days ago
    lyrics: no

VLMers: may the wind be on your backs and the sun be on your faces
    SC: more wind and not too much sun!
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Just popping in to wish Dustin and LMH best of luck :)

All ok here but it's very cold. The wind is a killer. Somehow ended up spending all day on my feet out there in the cold. My legs are mashed and I think I'm coming down with a cold :(
    Only 9k to run tomorrow. It won't be fast :)