Options

Hull or Robin Hood Marathon

CSMLFCCSMLFC ✭✭✭
Has anyone done both or either of these and can help me decide which one to pick please?

I'm after a new autumn marathon for this year having done Chester the last two years. Both the Robin Hood one and Hull are on the same day and I'm off that weekend so it's a toss up between the two.

Currently favouring the Hull one for a few reasons. It's easier to get to from Liverpool. It's city of culture for this year and as far as I can tell it's just the marathon distance  (Robin Hood is a half and a full?). The route also looks better without as many twists and turns too?

Can anyone share any experiences of either both good or bad please. Are either of them particularly hilly, I'm after a specific time so which would potentially be the fastest of the two.

Cheers all! Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Done Hull as part of a relay team and my club regularly man the bridge relay point. Running across the bridge is wonderful and they stop the traffic on the way out so if it is really clear you can see for miles. Lots of space to overtake, well organised and the tee shirt is good too! Robin Hood would, I believe, be much more hilly. 
  • Options
    CSMLFCCSMLFC ✭✭✭
    Many thanks TT. All roads leading to Hull I think! The route looks a lot better not only the bridge as you mentioned but also the athletics track and going inside the KC stadium!