Options

Tuesday 25th April 2017 Get up in the morning, slaving for bread, sir.

Morning!

Lyrics: Get up in the morning, slaving for bread, sir.

What: half an hour easy this evening

Why: work gets in the way on a Tuesday.

Heavy frost out there today. Beautiful sunshine though.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning

Ale: Thanks for link that was some snow in 1975!

What: a run
    Why: it is what I do
    Last hard: getting out of bed
    Lyrics: Maybe

It is cold this morning but can see will be a nice day again
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    What - coaching the club session tonight, I'll be jogging round
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - the 2 miles 'easy' I managed last night.
    Popped to the vets league at Winchester half thinking about doing the 1500m.
    A few laps easy jogging of the playing fields convinced me there was no upside whatsoever, besides we had enough scorers already. Good to sit back and watch.
    lyric - don't think so
  • Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Don't Give Up bu Kate Bush and Peter Gabriel.

Frosty start to the day here too but nice out.

I'm glad commonsense prevailed Dustin.

Hope you've had a good run Poppy and that you enjoy yours this afternoon Alehouse.

What:            nothing
    Why:             broken
    Last hard:     not being able to run or even swim
    Last rest:      24/4

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning 
    lyrics yea man
    WP I was going back in time on the sub 4 to try and suss out when I have done London and we go back donkeys years on there don't we!! Enjoy your run it is fresh out there!
    LMH, have some rest and hugs to you
    DUstin, good sensible head, I bet you do know these lyrics..
    alehouse enjoy the easy

what: 1 mile only
    why: I feel tired and have to walk later (5k at pace with work running bud last night)
    last hard: last night
    last rest 31/12
    have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Good morning all. Well done LMH and Dustin. Most impressed.An interesting morning Sunday in Madrid. Start pen 4 and my pace looks to be in 3. I join 4 and see in there pacers for half at 1.50, 2.00 and 2.10. Marathon pacer for 3.45 is in there too. It is rammed and takes 3 miles to catch the 2.10 pacer and I never catch the 2.00. I shake off Mr 3.45 at mile 6 and catch the 1.50 with 200 metres to go. I do a 1.43.31 so a lot of people using the pacers will have been wrecked! After 3 miles knew it would be tough to match Berlin but started to crank up at mile 5. A bit of humility came my way at mile 9 with one of my legendary time outs. Not a pb, only hit 237bpm. Got back under control after a wee rest then stuck in 22 mins for next three miles. Still a negative split and progressively faster but had to keep under 160. Life is full of what ifs. Still a good time, all things considered and it was a beautiful day, bright, sunny and not too warm. Glad to be here and still having lots of
    fun. Back home now and starting to plan pb for parkrun and a good time for Liverpool half.
    Lyrics: Yes
    What: Short and gentle
    Why: Recovery and twinge or two
    Last Hard: Having to stop for a couple of mins on Sunday 
    Last Rest: Yesterday
  • Options
    Frustrating SC but you have such a good attitude. How long until Liverpool half?
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Sorry to hear of the blip, SC! Hope it can be sorted in the long term. Must be pretty scary!

Very strange weather here: was 10 degrees and sunny one minute; the next it was 1.5 and heavy sleet and snow, with thunder and lightning preceding it! Hope it stays dry for my run in an hour or so. Somehow doubt it!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Wabo: Yes I believe we did go back years and years:-) I had forgotten Did you get your sub 4?
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

What: 25 mins at varying paces

Why: started off steadily in bright sunshine...less than a kilometre later I picked up the pace when the hail and sleet arrived. Ended up working reasonably hard, which I hadn't intended to do. And of course I came out of the changing rooms and the sun was out again. Freezing cold, though. Day 997.

SC: someone on the overdone it thread was asking about erratic heart rates. 
  • Options
    OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭
    Evening all. :)

What: 5 miles.
    Why: Tuesday Chew-over.
    Current Streak: Day 494.
    Lyrics: Nope.
    Have a good day. image