VLM 2018!!

1111213141517»

Comments

• Cougie,

Was tougher for pacers as we had to ignore the regular 'advice' to rethink our goals - we had no choice.

Running in pairs was harder as no two pacers are identical in strategy/fitness/preparedness.  A few of the 43 went over their targets by up to 25 seconds despite us normally being able to run about a minute a mile faster for the distance historically.
    I believe one had to drop out (but the other pacer saw those following all the way on time.
    One was 52 minutes slow after twisting his foot on the discarded bottles.
    I had to run a negative split to catch up with my co-pacer

It was all worth it as got some thanks and hugs from those I helped get to the finish line. I really hope I get selected to pace again next year.
  • Blimey - that's better than I thought - you couldn't have blamed pacers for missing entirely in that heat.
    Well played everyone. 
  • Thank you

I have got two marathons in May and three a month till September to look forward to now.
  • nicko1981nicko1981 ✭✭✭
    Well done to all the pacers on a tough day especially with a flag to carry and black uniforms. I don't think any of the 3 hour pacers made it as far as I am aware - totally understandable though.
  • Looks like a hard day for many as even looking at some of the pacers there was a few non-finishers and not meeting their pace time.

Anyone bored at lunch can have a look at the pacers at the following link

https://www.runnersworld.co.uk/pacing/pace-team
  • vodkabobvodkabob ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what the clothes washing hand out that was in the Goody Bag was called.  I can never get the "smell" out of running gear but this seemed to make a difference!! TAI.
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Grangers Active wash!
  • jtcedjtced ✭✭✭
    I will try to remember to check as I haven’t looked into the bag since I got home so it’ll still be there :)
  • vodkabobvodkabob ✭✭✭
    Wardi has is spot on I think.  Many thanks, I am off to purchase a lot of it as I stink haha