Half marathon with pace setters

Hi all,

I'm looking to run a half marathon PB aiming towards end of the year. Aiming for a sub 1.30 and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good half marathon race, flattish with PB potential that also has pace setters (a 1.30 pace setter). Happy to travel UK or Europe to set a good time.

Many thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• rodeofliprodeoflip ✭✭✭
    Great North Run - judging by where everyone starts in the pens, I think everyone puts down 1:30 as their estimated time. Strangely, it doesn't quite work that way at the end of the race. :p
  • edited April 2017
    Great Eastern Run in Peterborough in October... flat as a pancake, great PB course, and with plenty of pacers.... usually targeted by young Kenyans trying to build reputations!

http://www.perkinsgreateasternrun.co.uk/
    lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Ealing is good. Not really flat, but all road, and has pacers and amazing crowd support. I've PB'd there two years in a row.
  • <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/rodeoflip">rodeoflip</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">Great North Run - judging by where everyone starts in the pens, I think everyone puts down 1:30 as their estimated time. Strangely, it doesn't quite work that way at the end of the race. :p</div>
    </blockquote>
    I have only recently started running again in January after a 9yr break and did my first event Saturday: te Great Edinburgh Run. I had forgotten how infuriating these big races could be! Within the first mile there were masses of people from the Orange wave in front walking
  • rodeofliprodeoflip ✭✭✭
    Or at the GNR, queuing up to pee in the underpass which is only about half a mile from the start! Well done on getting back to racing after 9 years, that's quite an achievement.
  • Great Scottish Run is a great course for setting a good time - assuming they set the length correctly of course. Flattish, only a couple of wee climbs. Good crowd and an easy city to get to.
  • rodeofliprodeoflip ✭✭✭
    Peter, I agree. Looking at the course profile you would say there are a few hills (Kingston bridge?) and you wouldn't necessarily think of it as a PB course. But I've PB'd there a couple of times and love the race. Unfortunately my amazing PB from last year doesn't count!