Lightweight Shoe (But with some stability) Recommendations

Currently use the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 16/17 for the bulk of my running. Having done a marathon this month, I'm looking to do some quicker stuff this summer (5k/10k) and want a shoe which is a bit lighter but still offers a bit of stability. and I'll use for some intervals and racing.

Any suggestions as I am struggling to find anything supportive from my research?

Comments

• SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    I've run all my races for the last 15 years in Adrenaline GTS and a great shoe.   But I do most of my training in a variety of other brands/models plus the GTS when they're past their racing best but still have a few miles in them.

However, I bought a pair of Saucony Guide 9's this year and loved them from the moment I put them on, light feeling, great fit and just the right amount of support for me.   So I have decided to switch my race shoe to the Guide 9's, I've raced a hilly half in them and they were great, Saturday I will try them out in a marathon.   Mine are women's size 7 and weigh 238 grm.
  • I've recently switched to Mizuno Wave Catalyst for faster runs and even up to half marathon distance. They're light and and supportive. Might be worth checking them out?
  • Chris2304Chris2304 ✭✭✭
    Asics DS Racer is light and designed for overpronators. It is firm on the ball of the foot (which I like, but others may not, esp for >10k) and offers good stability for a racing shoe. Let's be honest though 'good stability for a racing shoe' is still a terrible level of stability for any other type of shoe!  :)
  • I suppose that's why I was really looking for a lightweight trainer as opposed to an out and out racer.

A couple of shoes which have taken my fancy are the Mizuno Catalyst and NB Vazee Prism. Both seem to have a bit of support whilst being around 260g