Saturday 29th April 2017 It's nine o'clock on a Saturday

Morning!

Lyrics: It's nine o'clock on a Saturday
The regular crowd shuffles in

Sounds  bit like parkrun! And we have probably had these before.

Yesterday's were "Money, Money, Money", Abba.

What: gentle parkrun

Why: day 1001, and need to catch up with a few people
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Enjoy Alehouse - and anyone else participating.

What:            nothing
    Why:             can't
    Last hard:     sleeping
    Last rest:      28/4

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning, again!

What: gentle parkrun in around 26 minutes

Why: ran with a guy from the club who is recovering from injury. Had a really good chat and enjoyed the run. Ran at Wythenshawe, which I don't often go to; lots of people from my club there today.

Is walking getting any better, LMH?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning
    Well done Ale on run
    LMH: I am sure the walking is helping your knee and hope you can be back at it soon enough keep the faith:-)

What: 4 miles
    Why: Sanity
    Last hard : getting out of bed twice:-)
    Lyrics: Yes
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    That's horrid about those women runners being attacked, LMH. Luckily it's very safe where I run.
    Do you have an indication how long it'll take for your knee to mend?

Poppy: glad you managed a run today

Is that day 1001 of your streak, ale? Wow.

What: yoga or strength exercises
    Why: windy and miserable. Running mojo has disappeared
    Last hard: 23/4
    Last rest: 24/4
    Lyrics: yes
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all,
    What - track, 10x300s, plus some long /triple practice, then 3.6 mile run dropping off a parcel to a friend
    why - Saturday is track day/ chores
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - reps 8 & 9
    lyric - possibly

• Walking is definitely better Alehouse, knee was worse yesterday morning than it had been for a few days (physios ministrations I expect) but is better again this morning. If it's this good or better tomorrow morning I may try a short run. If my gait is off I'll have to stop but I won't know until I try and then it will be a case of hoping that it doesn't react too badly.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Probably what I would do, LMH...although that is not necessarily the best thing! Just make sure that you back off if that is what is required!

Was hoping to garden this pm but it is cold and windy, yet again.

And yes, Chick, day 1001. In the first 1000 I covered around 7100k, so average about 7k a day. Last day missed was at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, August 2nd 2014: rain literally stopped play. Which reminds me, hope Donaldo is ok (I had met up with him whilst at the Games).
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Hi

quick post, sub 20 at Swindon Parkrun 19:52 and 25th

all good and racing on monday in a Trail 10K
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Nice one, RFJ...and you should be pleased about Fulham, also. Obviously the fall didn't affect you too much, but take care on the trail race!