Thursday 4th May 2017 - All I want, all I want, all I want is a girl

Morning.

Lyrics - All I want, all I want, all I want is a girl

The entry is in Ollie - all being well I'll see you there. Are you P&Ding again?

Will you still be in HM for the parkrun OH?

What:           hopefully a little longer though it will probably be slower
Why:            recovery/cake
Last hard:    finding out my friend may not make coffee and cake (has to wait in for a car to be collected)
Last rest:     29/4

Yesterday's lyrics - Close To The Edge by Yes.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: short and easy

Why: day after a long run. And work.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Happy Star Wars Day What 8 before work Why late start Lyrics no Working my day off so on a later start. Robin Hood is looking possible though the drive back could be an issue. Not looking forward to cycling home. Bikes are the instrument of the Devil!
  • What: just a bit of cooking
    why: busy day yesterday
    last hard: clearing drains
    last rest Tuesday
    lyrics: no

Sunny and mild if a bit breezy in HM. Return home tomorrow via Glasgow.
    no house maintenance expected today
  • A shame you won't get to parkrun with Alehouse OH.

We are Derby based if a bed for the night after Robin Hood would be any help postie.

12 whole miles for me this morning. Just one knee taped now. Still a bit tired (takes me about 4 miles to get going then I have a few ok miles then pace drops a little) but beginning to think I may be recovered enough to do the local 10k next Sunday.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    nice news LMH!
    oh busy busy!
    postie you've had a busy start to the day too!
    alehouse enjoy your short and easy

what: assembly league race later, though I feel I better take it easy
    why: Caught Lyla's germs, sore throat etc etc don't feel awful just don't want to hurt myself
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good day all 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Say hello to Dennis this evening, Wabo!

No parkrun on Saturday for me either, LMH: been given hospitality tickets for the Leicester v Watford match. Going by train so early start.

Dustin: I imagine you'll be at BAL. I tend not to go very often these days but hope to make the Manchester match in August.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

LMH: Great news on your 12 miles and the Robin Hood entry:-)

Wabo: Good luck tonight and hope those nasty bugs go away!

What: 7.5 miles
    Why: building up but also easing back for Sunday
    Last hard: easing off when things are coming together again/resisting peanut butter cookies
    Lyrics: Nope
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Lyrics Yes
    What: short and sharp 15 mins
    Why: Club social 7 tonight
    Last Hard: Leaving a beer unfinished last night
    Last Rest: Can't remember but not too long ago
    LMH: good mileage all considered...should you being going that far so soon?
    Postie: I agree re bikes and satan
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    What: just over a mile, core, weeding and mowing
    Why: a mile a day...
    Last hard: busy
    Lyrics: no
    12 miles is positive lmh
    Feel better soon wabo
    When do you get your car back postie?

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Great news, LMH. 12 miles is super :+1: - Florida was in January :D

Em: no it's Berchtesgadener Land, basically between Salzburg and Chiemsee

Yum, peanut butter cookies, poppy. I'm addicted to peanut butter. I brought 2kg of peanut butter M&Ms back from the States in January - they don't sell them here :(

wabo: hope the cold doesn't take hold - oh, that rhymes :)

I really fancied a swim today and nearly went thinking I'd be ok with a pull buoy but then I figured the tape won't like being submerged so left it. 5 more days of complete rest. Sigh.

At least I slept a little better - put a pillow between my knees which helped.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Oh nice chick, we were there a few y years ago. Beautiful scenery. Glad you slept better
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya, bit late in today 
    To placate the cake lovers, someone bought in a load of M&S finest cream cakes. Regrettably half the office is out on a training course/in meetings so that I'm left to help myself to the majority. 
    Just as well, as I'm out tonight spending my London Pride free beer tokens from the London marathon, so a stomach liner I suppose!
    what - 4.15 fast miles at lunchtime (just under 30)
    why - went with aforementioned work colleagues on their 45 minute lunch break from said training course.
    "4 miles , quick as we can" was the request. Could have done without the speed tbh after 9.5 trail miles last night (longest since marathon)
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - today
    Ale - yes at BAL on Saturday in my capacity as timekeeper. Spikes will no doubt be in the bag in case we can't find a steeplechaser...

• SC - who knows? I'm very much playing it by ear.

I love peanut butter M&Ms too chicksta. Have a great, simple peanut butter cookie recipe if you'd like it? My physio sent me a link to another one this morning which is very similar apart from the fact that the biscuits are sandwiched together with peanut butter cream! Not sure I should bake those...........

Don' go making yourself ill Wabo.

Ah well, hope you enjoy the game then Alehouse.

I could have donated you another one if I'd thought Dustin. Did you enjoy any of the dine out freebies?

Are you feeling better now emzap?
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    LMH a little, think it's just exhaustion from doing too much so trying to take it easy, whilst still needing to get everything ready for the next few weeks of craziness!  

If anyone has any ideas for bulk bbq salads would be very helpful...am catering for at least 6 people for the whole of next weekend and I'm slightly scared!