Running and walking

I have been doing Parkruns about once a month for the last few months. I am a newish runner, making steady but slow progress. I try to run two or three times a week, but only for 30 to 60 minutes, as I just don't have time for more at the moment. I am in my late 40s and female.

I've noticed that my parkruns are getting slightly faster. But what's interesting and perhaps not good is that when I started them I was making myself run the whole way round. Now I've noticed that I run a bit faster, but do end up walking a bit, probably two or three times during the 5K.

Just wondered if anyone has any thoughts or advice on this. Should I push myself to keep running, perhaps going slightly slower? Or should I keep going the way I am, increasing the speed a bit, an hoping I will join up the running with no walking in between, soon? I also discovered I was asthmatic, early in my running journey last year. I have a blue inhaler that I use before I go out, but because of my asthma and my age, I do try to listen to my body and stop if I have to.

Comments