Options

Monday 15th May 2017 - I guess I thought you'd be here forever

Morning.

Lyrics - I guess I thought you'd be here forever

Well done Ms Alehouse. Usually swimmers are set off according to their predicted swim time Alehouse which means that the slowest swimmers go first but then have people around them on the bike and run and don't finish last because they swim slowly (if that makes sense).

I'm glad your weekend went well emzap.

Hope you feel less tired Dustin.

Rather than over analysing yesterday I needed to make a decision about Yeovil.

What:            whatever I feel like
Why:             it's supposed to be fun
Last hard:     agonising over Yeovil
Last rest:      29/4

Yesterday's lyrics - Wishing I Was Lucky by Wet Wet Wet.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Lmh yes sounds sensible

What: running club
    Why: it's Monday
    Last hard: I feel this will be
    Lyrics: nope

Have a great day all
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Hope all goes well with the new job, OL!

Very wet here and looks as if it is here for the day: more rain today than in the previous six weeks! Hope OH has better weather for the Cape Wrath Challenge.

Not sure how the tri was organised yesterday, LMH: first waves were off from 8 am, daughter was 12, last ones were around 2:30 I believe. About 100 an hour.

What: probably half an hour easy

Why: thinking of a cut back week

Enjoy the track, Emz.

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    I forgot Ollie starts his new job today - hope it all goes well.
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭

Morning

Ollie: Good luck on new job today:-)
    OH: I hope the weather is kind to you
    LMH: Enjoy your run and hope it was filled with lots of fun:-)

What: 6.77 miles
    Why: building back up
    Last hard: This morning tiredness and how slow the run was
    Lyrics: Yes and I should have known yesterdays!
    Last rest:28th April

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: a very wet 47 minutes. Wet from the skies and wet underfoot: Burnage parkrun very puddly, as is the track next to the tram.

Why: decided to make that the long run for the week and to have a cut back week. Have had four good weeks of training and the legs are feeling tired. In fact they were as tired at the end of that as when I run 70 minutes or more. 

Also there is an outside chance that I will be called upon to run in the National Masters next Saturday. I'm hoping I don't make the team!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Ale - of course you secretly DO hope to make the team ;-)
    LmH - I think you said Yeovil involves travel and an overnight stay? If that's the case and you don't think it will be anything more than 'training' is it worth it? (Unless it as been prepaid and just run for fun!)
    what - easy lunchtime (s)miles
    why - Monday
    last rest - yesterday!
    last hard - Saturday
  • Options
    Dustin - that's just it, a long drive and an overnight stay to run Yeovil which is one thing if I thought I was in PB shape but another if I'm just going to enjoy it and knock out another sub 3.

Poppy and Alehouse - hope you both feel less tired soon. I was surprisingly ok on this morning's run which sort of backs up my 'just couldn't get going' feeling about yesterday. Apart from a bit of niggling from the knees (which was nothing like as bad as physio thought it might be) my legs were fine.
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Ale: What Dustin said. Ollie: enjoy and good luck. Ale, congratulations to Ms Ale: looks far too fresh :-)
    LMH, why do we run? Yeovil just another sub three? There are otheres who would love that but if you are not going to enjoy and haven't pre-paid I think the question answers itself. We're not Olympians so it's not work and/or the meaning of life although it helps us to stay alive when it's not trying to kill us! You've had a tough year, make it easy on yourself.
    parkrun 20.58 but v.tough for some reason then tkd refereeing Sunday so no run.
    Lyrics: yes
    What: Whatever I can muster from selves and colleagues
    Why: Time presure and both wimping
    Last Hard: Putting up with some of the commentary from ringside yesterday
    Last Rest: Allegedly yesterday

• Options
    A couple of years ago I'd have been one of them SC - there are also people who run marathons just to rack up the numbers but neither of those are what Yeovil was supposed to be about. As I've said if it were just up the road I'd go just to enjoy the run but that's not the case. Hope you persuaded someone to run with you.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Afternoon all. Been away for the weekend - it was a birthday present :)

LMH: So sorry to hear that the 10k didn't go to plan :cry:. I think we all wished you'd had a storming run and posted on here that you were fully recovered. Seems like the body needs just a bit more time so I would just call Yeovil a day and focus on an autumn marathon. Give yourself a chance to heal properly first. At least you had a better run today :+1:

Ale: Well done to your daughter on her frist tri.

OH: your comment about ear ache from drinking too much made me smile :D

Luckily I have no interest in this Eurovision sh*t ... given how crap the German songs are it's the only way :)

• Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Managed to get one part broken colleague out for a run but he bailed at halfway. 4.66miles slow in the cold and wet with PE much harder than 9mm...must be sickening for something :-(

• Options
    Thanks chicksta - it's not always easy being sensible......... Did you have a lovely weekend? How is your adducter feeling now?

I hope not SC.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Afternoon! Although dark enough to say it is evening! Stopped raining for about half an hour but it is back with us again.

Better parkrun, SC! Your "young gazelle" sprang to mind a few minutes ago: spoke to daughter and she doesn't feel as if she did anything yesterday. Usually more tender after playing hockey. Neck a little uncomfortable and that's it. Obviously didn't try hard enough.

Have to disagree about the Masters' relays: did them last year and they took a lot out of me. Have said that I will run, but only as a last resort. I'm sure the club has 3 faster V55s. I am happy to leave them until I'm in the 65 category, which will some soon enough!

Any prize yesterday, LMH? And which age group?!
  • Options
    I was fifth woman, 1st FV45. I think I won £20 but I'm not sure yet, the club chairman lives down the road so will put it through the door at some point - they only award top three on the day.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Why FV45? Glad you got a prize! If I were the club chairman I'd be knocking at your door and asking you to join...for free! By the way I noticed MV, prolific racer that she is, hasn't raced for six months.
  • Options
    An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    2h05m41 despite lander while stepping off road (now NC500) for passing car
    Els in 10 minutes ahead
    Mostly dry with mostly tail wind.
    last hard: the tarmac
    last rest: yesterday

at pub quiz now! 
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

10 km in total including 5x400 with 200 recovery, then 2x600 with 200 recovery. Was meant to be 6x400 but asthma got the better of me

Was very hard work but glad I did it.

Now to get ready for my trip to Brussels tomorrow (work)

Have a good evening all
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Good session, Emz! And enjoy Brussels if you get the chance!

Hope you are not too battered and bruised tomorrow, OH! Well done on the run, and Els!
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    well done Ale daughter :-)
    also well dones to OH and Els
    good session Emzap

new 16 week plan stated tonight for Sub 90 half.... two stabs at the cherry, Burnham beeches (13 weeks in and Swindon Half 16 weeks)

Club run, 6.1m in just over 50 mins

Take care