Saturday 20th March - Hey ho, let's go!

Morning

What 5K then 10K
Why seemed a good idea at the time

Looking forward to catching up with old freinds

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Waiting For The Weekend by The Vapors.

Sorted postie. Hope you enjoy your running and catch up today.

What:           short and easy/travelling
    Why:            in case I can't later/going on holiday
    Last hard:    managing the in-laws attempting to move house again
    Last rest:     29/4

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭
    Morning. :)
    New job is going well, so now it's just a matter of saving up money.

What: 6 miles.
    Why: Easy day.
    Current Streak: Day 519.
    Lyrics: Yes.

S'laters.
    Have a good day. image
  • PR done only the 10K to go.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Beautiful earlier but now the grey clouds gather as I head for cricket.

What: hill session

Why: hard run of the week and instead of race
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • 10k in circa 46:xx.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon, 
    good work postie
    Enjoy the holiday LmH
    what - easy 3-4 miles
    why - village 10m race tomorrow (I'm not racing it though) and club's SAL track meet in the afternoon. Spikes taken if called upon...
    last rest - 14/5
    last hard - Tuesday

Eldest retrieved from uni, stayed overnight in the Geoff Boycott room at Headingley with a lovely view of the pitch.
    I'll post a picture when I figure out how to do it.
    Delightful weather in Leeds so surprised to see rain delays at Yorkshire (Ale's) game as well as my birth county's tie in Leicester. 
    Rained most of the way home, but Hampshire is swathed in sunshine. Bizarre.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Nice one, postie. Hope the black dog is on the retreat.

Glad the new job is ok, ollie. Well done on keeping that streak going.

Enjoy your break, LMH. Love Cornwall. Hope the forecast is wrong.

We're off tomorrow for our wedding anniversary. Short molto romantico trip booked with candlelight dinner and the works
  • 26.2 completed (personal course worst but enjoyable run appropriate paced) very wet
    Cape Wrath Marathon
    last hard today
    next rest tomorrow! (but ceilidh first)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done on getting round, OH! Sounds a toughie! Hope you cope with the ceilidh! Did Els run?

And well done Postie on the double (and presumably RFJ!).

And I believe we are on May 20th, not March...although it feels like the latter!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Els did well 4h23ish (mine was 5h15)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Say well done to Els, please, OH!
  • Enjoying it is the main thing OH.

Hope you have a lovely time chicksta.

Drove through torrential rain off and on all the way down but sunny and mild in Cornwall. Had a lovely walk round the coast path and back along footpaths and farm tracks, just a couple of miles but blew the cobwebs away after the long journey. I'm not too sure how my knees are going to cope with the undulations though:-(

Glad it's going ok Ollie - now you need a cunning plan to make sure they realise your potential and you end up where you want to be - and have teh time to train for Robin Hood of course.

Nice running postie.

Hope you enjoyed yours Alehouse - no shortage of hills here but after the walk this afternoon I can tell that the knees are going to say no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

well done Els and OH esp in the weather...

thankfully today has been better than yesterday, which was just a aweful day all round with some work issues (not job endagering but union issues which wree horrible and aggressive verbally and felt like crap and very low - which I will have to seek some assistance next week more for a debreif)

So meet up with Postie, and did the parkrun, which I went at hard as decided not to double up with the 10k but spend time with Mrs RFJ in Oxford for the day.

Take care all
  • Well done OH

Sorry about the date error Ale but it was very early.

Here we go

Park Run is Park Run although this time I actually knew people. RCJ and Kath of course but also a guest appearance from Gobi and Men. Adding to that one of the Greeks and a gardener from my old delivery, so lots of people to say hello to. Not a particularly great time 21:51 placing me 20th. Gobi won in 18:xxx. Anyway good to rekindle old friendships and only 6 weeks until I get to run there again.

RFJ decided not to do the double for which I understand why.

The 10K had the feel of a village fete and was very relaxed. The start and finish were a bit slippery with mud but otherwise a really enjoyable course with great views of Oxford. The plan was to aim for 45:xx which was on the cards until the 9th K which was up hill on a mud track. The ensuing down hill was equally slippery but I managed to hold off the guy behind me with a dramatic sprint finish. 46:16 on the Garmin though not sure of the official time.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Well done OH, Els and Postie today.  Sounds like parkrun was good Postie.

What: a mile done followed by core
    Why: feeling slightly delicate this morning after the rum tasting.  Was great fun though!
    Last hard: getting going this morning
    Lyrics: nope

Glad your first afternoon on holiday was good LMH.
    Chick enjoy tomorrow.  Where are you off to?

Have a great evening all