Sunday 21st May 2017 - Hey lady, you got the love I need

Morning.

Lyrics - Hey lady, you got the love I need

Well done postie.

Hope you can sort your stress RFJ.

How many rums did you taste emzap?

My knee is not happy with having walked the downhill yesterday:-( Really hoping that I can keep it going with lots of ice. May have to resort to driving to somewhere flat to run (and ride - Mark isn't too keen on the small roads and big inclines on his mtb) if we want a longer outing or two but I'm going exploring in a minute whilst I wait for Mark to get up so will see how bad the knee is - and whether I can find a way out of the valley that is a little less steep:-)

What:           who knows
Why:            as above and I'm on holiday/don't want to break myself totally
Last hard:    acknowledging that the knee is still quite delicate
Last rest:     29/4
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Just back from the most glorious four miles round the coastal path and on footpaths through the fields - what a way to start the day:-)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Were you singing, "I do like to be beside the seaside," whilst you ran, LMH? Hope the weather is good. Grey and overcast here, and cold.

What: probably half an hour

Why: ran hard(ish) yesterday

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

I don't know. Turn your back for a minute and union troubles break out, there's armed robberies, people going down in the dumps, people running then racing back to back (After all, parktun is not a race :-) )what's the world coming to? Good man Ale but be careful. Wonder if I'll get to watch footie on Wednesday? Sympathy Postie, hope you get it to heel. Cape Wrath, I am in awe.
    Holiday so far has included 7-10 miles walking per day but hit the dreadmill today as it's too hot outside for me just now (28) so
    What: 5k steady from 6.4mph up to 9 to finish
    Why: need to stretch and wanted to play
    Last hard: Ab session with instructor last night. Aching today
    Last Rest: Friday
    Lyrics: Not sure..
    May have another gym sesh later and might beach run tomorrow but whereas usually the tide is low enough at this time of year tis extremely high just now...that and the heat :-)

• Afternoon What Gardening Why it's. A jungle out there! Lyrics no Yesterdays lyrics "Blitzkrieg bop" by the Ramones. In other news have got permission for the Otmoor Challenge, a multi terrain HM, in a couple of weeks time. Question is do I double up with PR again or not? Hope you enjoy your hols in Cornwall LMH. Are you anywhere near the Camel Trail? I hear that is reasonably flat, traffic free and rather pretty. Run well Dustin and any other races today.
  • SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Afternoon everyone.  Good to see that there are some still here who might remember me.  I tried a while back to get back to training, but it didn't work - couldn't achieve any consistency, too tired to get through the days even if I didn't run. 
    Things have changed a bit for the better. An elderly lab/retriever cross has come into my life.  I am his retirement plan; he was assistance do for a paralysed friend for 10 years. His natural pace was one that fit naturally with a large and powerful wheelchair - and I cannot keep up at a walk.
    So for the last six months I have been trotting, well, trot, hang about while sir inspects the bushes, trot on, for about 3 - 4 miles four or five times a week, often in ordinary clothes.  When he's on lead, he trots to heel, when he's off lead, he rather expects me to heel to him (looks back contemptuously if I don't), and has recently started pushing the pace.
    Then a few park runs crept in.  Ok, stupidly slow. Then, under the influence of son and d-i-l, I signed up for the Hoohah 10k series. Today was race day number 1. 
    Job done! First time in a couple of years to pin a number on front, 628 out of 646 finishers, 9th in age category.  More to the point, I was aiming for 90 minutes, as I passed the 5k mark I was bang on 45 minutes, and finishing time was 1:28:44. Some v. pleasant downhills in the second half helped achieve that, but nice to know that the legs have that sort of steadiness in them.  
    Utterly glorious running, excellent under foot, idyllic surroundings, perfect weather.
    Intend going over to son and d-i-l this evening to sign up for what will be the A race of the year. A modest celebration is in order.
    Run well all!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Fantastic to hear from you, Stickless! And great to find you are running! What a great venture parkrun is! You often get a name check as I run along the river bank failing to spot a kingfisher! Well done today! Onwards and upwards!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Great to hear from you Stickless - you are often in my thoughts so it's lovely to know that you are still out and running.

I'm sort of near to the Camel Trail postie - went walking today to try to find a not too hilly cross country or busy (the roads in these parts are rather narrow with not much visibility) or long (coastal path rather meanders round several headlands) way to get there and think I have succeeded in finding a mostly runnable route of around three miles. Walked the long way back (round the coastal path) and ended up walking 12.5 miles today so I will excuse myself the lack of run mileage. Is the the half on the Saturday?

It was brilliant here first thing Alehouse then clouded over and got a bit breezy but is now bright again. Never cold but not as warm as yesterday afternoon either.

SC - hope you enjoy the class if you decide to indulge again. Too hot to run sounds quite nice at the moment - I'm ready for some warmth.
  • Waiting for ferry, beach walk and swim before lunch.
    last hard: encountering hold up due to slow moving long SNP cavalcade on north coast road
    last rest: today
    lyrics: no

Hi Stickless
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I'm ready for some warmth as well, LMH! Went to cricket this pm and it was so cold I saw someone in the crowd wearing a balaclava. I just put my hood up. Strong wind. Bright sunshine now I am home though and may find a sheltered spot in the garden. 

Where are you, SC? Can't remember!
  • It's on a Saturday afternoon as part of a village fete. It just so happens that I will be delivering to the village for work tomorrow.
  • Doubling up  could be quite an ask postie so I suppose it depends on what you want to get out of it.

Hope you make it home ok OH.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Stickless: so lovely to see you are still running  :)

LMH: It sounds a lovely way to spend the day:-)

Very warm here 19 degrees

What: 7 miles
    Why: why not building back up
    Last hard: Not eating a second Cinnamon swirl:-)
    Lyrics: yes
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    What: 20.1 km this morning
    Why: set out for 16 with running club and by the time I was home it was 20.1...
    Last hard: yesterday's run
    Lyrics: nope

LMH tried 6 rums.  The spiced were my favourite and we did end up buying a bottle of one of them.  Oh and the talk went well thanks for asking.  Sounds like you are having a nice break.

Stickless hi!  Long time no see.  Was thinking of you the other day when I was wondering along the canal round here, reminded me of your kingfisher.  Sounds like you are getting on well with your new lab friend.

Ale more cricket!

Lovely weather here, sat outside for a family bbq here all day.  Was glorious.

Stray are you on holiday?  I forget...sounds nice wherever you are.

Have a nice afternoon all.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Emz: Roses County Champs match and have spent a fair amount of it at OT with one of my cricket mates. Only 25 minutes yesterday though due to rain. Not sure about tomorrow yet. Well done on the long run.

Meant to say, only 15 minutes this morning as shins were too sore after my hill session. Trust they are ok for something longer tomorrow.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    evening all,

it a bit better place today, but still not tops

Stickless, well done and great to hear from you

Postie, I hace done the Otmoor double before and it hurt, badly esp with the hill at 11m also very dependant on conditions.

anyway 30 mins this morning and 8m tonight so a good day at the office of running.

Take care
  • SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    LMH, I have very happy memories of the Camel trail. We were on hols with the bikes (as distinct from a biking holiday) and had a very pleasant day on it.  Enjoy!