Monday 22nd May 2017 - I walk along the avenue

Morning.

Lyrics - I walk along the avenue

I can feel yesterday's hilly walk in my quads but fortunately the knees don't feel too bad. If Mark isn't up soon I will do another little pre breakfast run and then see what the day holds though it isn't quite so bright and enticing at the moment. I think I would have still been in bed myself were it not for someone's yappy dog at 0530hrs, a shame as it usually takes me a while to start sleeping pasth then even when I'm on holiday.

What:                whatever I feel like
Why:                 I'm not doing Yeovil but need to make room for more ice cream
Last hard:         managing the knees here isn't easy
Last rest:          29/4

Yesterday's lyrics - Over The Hills And Far Away - Led Zepplin.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Back home now
    Probably 5k recovery with loop group this evening
    General sort out/washing after week away
    Last hard: leaving Cape Wrath community ("empty chairs and empty tables" day
    Last rest yesterday

Enjoy your holiday LMH

• Morning What: 6 d&d Why: Couldn't manage 8 Lyrics: Yes Still have Saturday in my legs so easy dies it.Re ottmoor challenge: Will take on board all advice, ignore and suffer loudly vowing to learn by my mistakes. But I never do!
  • If you're not after a time and just want to push yourself a little and get the miles in postie it sounds ideal.

Hope you enjoy the loop this evening OH.

Hilly (for me) four miles enjoyed before breakfast and Mark has decided that he'd like to cycle on the Camel Trail this morning so I shall go and run a few more miles there in anticipation of another ice cream at the end of it:-)
  • Or lunch at a celebrity restaurant pub
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    Good to see Stickless back, and well done on the racing!
    LmH - holiday sound excellent, lovely part of the world.

what - vets league tonight. Apparently I'm in the 'in form' V50 so chances are I'm in for 800 and or 3k. Will do a bit of triple for fun.
    Why - For the team
    last rest - a week ago
    last hard - probably yesterday: Did the village 10 miler, a faster than planned 70:28, so fairly happy. 

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    oh, bet you had an amazing week!
    dustin, run well and enjoy!
    lmh, sounds like a hilly yesterday and today! Enjoy the ice cream
    oh enjoy the loop
    postie sounds like you have a toughie at the weekend, hope you recover speedily!
    lmh - coming in on my vita tomorrow morning  and I cant wait
    My May race was Canterbury 10k, lovely run yesterday morning but I'm afraid the sun got to me!! Pounding head most of the day, even a guinness didn't stop it! Got in under the hour which was all I wanted tbh

what: 1.5 miles easy done this morning
    why: get it done
    last hard:yesterday race
    last rest: 31/12
    have a great day all the week looks good!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    just had to read back, stickless lovely to see your post, it all sounds brilliant - happy  to hear and well done on your race!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes!

Who is that bloke on a beach with a flag?! Looks like the Cubans are invading.

Well done on Canterbury, Wabo! And Spurs yesterday!

Enjoy tonight, Dustin.

What: 82 mins, mainly off road. 14.5k. 

Why: the week's long run is out of the way. First 25 with M72, then along the river on my own. Wind was annoying on the way back as I tired. Started off sunny but now it is cloudy and quite cool. Hope it warms up later.

Enjoy the Camel Trail, LMH. And the ice cream(s).
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Rick doesn't really cater for me postie - don't think anyone would be too impressed at me sitting down to lunch in my sweaty running gear anyway whereas sitting on the front with an ice cream is fine - so many flavours, so little time.

Nice photo OH. I don't know where you get the ideas for your fancy dress.

Hope the head is better today Wabo.

A nice 16 miles out and back along the Camel Trail this morning. Lovely bright, warm day without too much wind. Some beautiful views.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    All sounds good, LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening
    What: running club
    Why: it's Monday
    Last hard: this may be it after yesterday
    Lyrics: I think so

Legs are actually feeling very good today but speed may be tricky.  Walked into town and mowed the lawn with no ill effects, let's see what intervals do to them!

Sounds like you're getting on well LMH.

Have a great evening all
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    What: 7 miles
    Why: building up
    last hard: overheating on run
    Lyrics: yes

OH lovely photo:-)
    LMH: that run sounds lovely and a great distance:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • But how was the ice cream LMH?
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    So 11 km in total, 3x400 m with 200 recovery, 3x800 with 400 recovery, then 2x200 with 200 recovery. Legs were like jelly at the end, getting home was interesting...
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

good session Ale

Ice cream is always good :-)

Club run tonight - 7.05m

Lyrics - Yes I think so for once :-)