Tuesday 23rd May 2017 - When I get home it's late at night

Morning.

Lyrics - When I get home it's late at night

The ice cream was amazing - haven't had a bad one here yet - just wondering how many flavours I can try before the end of the week:-)

That sounds like a tough session emzap.

It's not bright this morning I'm afraid and although dry and mild enough we are forecast a dull day weather wise. Once I've finished my coffee I shall get out for a little pre breakfast run but no idea what the day holds after that, will have to see what Mark wants to do.

What:            easy miles in stunning scenery
Why:             I'm on holiday in a beautiful place
Last hard:     sleeping, but listening to the waves on the shore was nice in the meantime
Last rest:      29/4

Yesterday's lyrics - I Ran (So Far Away) by A Flock Of Seagulls.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning What:8ish d&d Why: Time on my side Lyrics: No Long day at work as doubling up deliveries.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Not good news from Manchester.

Will run this evening after work.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Awful news - heard it when I got back from my run.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Shocking news from Manchester. Just can't fathom what is wrong with some people.
    What - club session, easier version
    Why - legs a little tired
    last rest - 14/5
    last hard - 800m last night. 
    Vets Fixture, I'm apparently the V50 scorer. Big field (around 16), set off behind a couple of Winchester boys (V50 & non scorer) and a Southampton guy, bell in 74s, struggled to hold on to the three of them and lost ~30m from 5-700m. as they ploughed on. Managed a sort of fast final 100, and clocked 2.28.6
    Happy with that, a couple of seconds faster than last August and sub 2h30 which was the aim. 
    Did the triple for fun to get an early season marker, a so so 8.80 off no practice, the wrong foot and no measured run up. Missed the 3k which I was going to do non scoring. Probably for the best.

• Woke up to news from Manchester after having gone to bed feeling world was a wonderful place.
    Attacking a teen concert - unbelievable.

what quiet day
    why: allowing wound to heal and muscles to recover
    last hard: the news
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    AOH awful awful news I agree
    dustin, wow, a good night for you
    this news makes you despair for your children/grandchildren/all of us really

what: hiit this am, couldnt get my bike, long story - will run later
    why: pedals being switched by oh who then went for a curry so I was unable to collect bike for this morning
    lol 
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12
    take care all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    What awful news to wake up to:-( you really do wonder what the world will be like for the youngsters of the future.

LMH Enjoy pre breakfast run and the scenery:-)
    Wabo: I hope bike is back in one piece for you

What: 9.3 miles
    Why: building up
    last hard: The news:-(
    Lyrics: Yes
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Horrible news.  Ale, Ollie and OH I hope no one you know was caught up in it (as well as anyone else on here).  Really feel for all involved.

What: just a mile, plus some core
    Why: legs hurt from yesterday!
    Last hard: yesterday 
    Lyrics: nope

LMH how many ice creams have you tried?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Strange day. 

Know four families who were there last night: all safe. One of my teaching friends and her nine year old daughter: left early as mum felt it was getting too late; the school cook and her daughter and daughter's friends (mum only went at the last minute as one girl was ill. Normally she would have dropped them off); caretaker's daughter and boyfriend; one year six girl and her mum (treat for working so hard for her SATs exams). I knew two lots of the above were going, but didn't know they were safe until I got to work, hence the brief post this morning. 

Several people arrested: all seem to be from an area I taught in for twenty-five years. Will have a big impact on those communities and schools, also. I still have many Muslim friends, some of whom I have communicated with; all are devastated.

What: Off for my run shortly. Not sure how long. 

Why: will be the question on most people's lips, and I am obviously not referring to my running.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I firmly believe that the best thing we can do in the face of these atrocities is to continue to live our lives in the way that we want to. We cannot let these people dictate to us or take our joy or freedom.

What wound OH?

Shame about the bike Wabo.

Nice 800m Dustin.

How long until your next race Poppy?

Hope you had a good run Alehouse.

Just the four flavours so far emzap ( 2 x 2 scoop ice creams, one of which was in a very nice gf cone). Not ice cream weather today.

Just the four miles run for me today but nearly seven miles walked too.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    LMH totally agree with you.  The more publicity we give it and the more we change our lives to accommodate it, the more they win...atrocious people.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Totally agree, LMH, Emz. 

What: 4k easy

Why: being sensible
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Oh God! the world in which we live. I fear for our children and that's what terrorists want us to do. Stepdaughter works for The i and alerted us. Unbelievable. May all our gods help us all and may their love and truth win through as that is what they all preach!
    Lyrics: Yes
    What: 6.5 miles on the beach, listening to Billy Ocean in one ear with the sounds of teh Med in the other
    Why: Running to an eighties soundtrack
    Last Hard: Debating if it was the abs day, the stretch day or yesterday's massage.
    Last Rest: Yesterday's 5 miler on the beach :-)
    Stay safe all, keep things on perspective and let peace come from this dark, dark, darkest moment.