Thursday 25th May 2017 - I see you in the darkness

Morning.

Lyrics - I see you in the darkness

No rest for the DTT starter even whilst on holiday:-)

Hope you can get the hotel sorted emzap when/where are you going?

Good to hear that you're having a better week RFJ.

Long cpd day OH - hope the Skype call came through ok.

Beautiful here already this morning and forecast to be hotter than yesterday - I didn't think to pack a bikini for a May break in the UK having checked the forecast before we left! Just finishing my coffee and will then head out for a short early morning leg loosener to make the most of the beautiful start to the day and the relative quietness of the coastal path (just the odd dog walker encountered on this run usually). Another jaunt along the Camel Trail planned for this morning.

What:            easy miles
Why:             holiday eating mitigation/making the most of the weather/location/time/ability
Last hard:     having to manage my knees (though it's better than not being able to)
Last rest:       29/4

Yesterday's lyrics - Put A Little Love In Your Heart - originally by Jackie DeShannon covered by Dolly and no doubt others.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Was just about to press the "submit new discussion" button, LMH, but you got there before me.

Lyrics: no. 

What: short and easy

Why: legs deserve it. Plus working shortly. Looks as if it is going to be a warm one here, also.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Morning all. Hope you get the hotel sorted emz.
    What: Bimble along the beach
    Why: Quasi taper for Liverpool and flying tomorrow so last chance
    Last hard: Staying up to watch the footie last night 
    Last rest: I believe it was Monday's easy 5
    Lyrics: No
    Have a great day everyone 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Sorry LMH, was up early, but due to work stress (public holiday in Germany, deadlines still need to be met and therefore guess who's having to meet them...)
    So it turned out the website we booked the hotel from (which we use all the time) didn't accept either of my credit cards, so just cancelled the booking.  I phoned them and they said sometimes it happens!!! They asked me to update my credit card details, which I did, and they have said they are invalid cards (I use them every day). Anyway, we've managed to book something else, but I'm not too impressed.

We are off for a week in France, travelling around and ending with a friend's wedding.  Can't wait :)

Oh yes, running...
    What: will do 6 km later
    Why: it's in the plan (which is in my head, but still a plan!)
    Last hard: work stress/holiday stress
    Lyrics: nope

I'm already melting in my study, the run will be slow.

Have a great day all.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Sounds chaotic Emz!
    Sounds idyllic LMH!
    what - coaching little people plus 3-4 easy
    why - usual routine
    last rest - 14/5
    last hard - Tuesday
    Absolutely roasting for yesterday's lunch run, but absolutely delightful. More of the same please Mr Weatherman!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    LMH, you are such an early bird! no to the lyrics, have a great holiday it does sound lovely indeed
    dustin enjoy the thursday coaching
    emzap what a pain, but have a lovely week it all sounds lovely!!
    SC enjoy the bimble
    alehouse have a nice short and easy and lovely day!

what: 2.25 miles d&d, visiting all g'children later 
    why: I loves em
    last hard: this morning but lovely and sunny
    last rest: 31/12

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the kind messages about Giselle, she was smiling by the end of the day yesterday, bless her.  Hopefully go home later today.
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Glad there are smiles Wabo. Bimble ended up quite hard. All over the place with hem. Up and down like a yo yo. Hope it needs re-calibrated and not me
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    My 6 km slow was also quite hard and very slow.  Said it's 23C outside but feels a lot hotter...anyway, it's done :)
  • Neonatal Stabilisation course today
    Keeping options open work wise
    Group run this evening
    Last hard - hearing D1 has been offered 6m job in Nelson,NZ
    Last exercise free zone: yesterday
  • Glad you got everything sorted emzap.

Hope it's the monitor SC.

Great if Giselle can go home Wabo.

You'll have to persuade Els on to a plane OH and go out for a holiday.

I agree Dustin - it's time we had some good weather - but we do have a BH weekend coming so I'm not too hopeful.

It's lovely here today - I've even managed a bit of progress evening out my tan lines (apart from the sock one unfortunately). Three miles before breakfast, three and a half along the Camel Trail to meet someone from the sub 3 thread, five miles with them - so nice to have company on a run - and three and a half back to the car followed by a mile and a half walk into Padstow for ice cream (me) and pasty (Mark - who took his bike out) and back - one of the joys of being an early riser.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    What: 7.1 mile run
    Why: Building up
    Last hard: getting up early to beat heat
    Lyrics: No

Boy it was warm today 26 degrees on the coast and 28 degrees at home!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Hi all

Hope Giselle is at home now

Emz, busy, busy, busy

What - tempo (10 mins easy / 12.5 mins HMP / 10 mins easy 4.28m in total in 32:30
    Why - its in the plan
    Last Hard - above
    Last Rest - Tues

Take care
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Yes agree hot hot hot. I've already got T-shirt tan lines which I need to even out before wearing anything formal!

Went into Birmingham to meet a friend and was quite shocked by the number of police, especially those with huge machine guns :( 

Lmh your day sounds perfect :)