Saturday 27th May 2017 - Every day you've go to wake up

Morning.

Lyrics - Every day you've go to wake up

It's dull here this morning and we had quite a lot of rain go through overnight. Must be a Bank Holiday weekend. Only forecast to get up to 15C here - but 24C in Derby so at least we'll be heading to the warmth. Jut having a coffee before heading out for my final hilly run for a while - my knees will be relieved.

What:              short and easy
Why:               going home via the in-laws
Last hard:       leaving the sea
Last rest:        29/4
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Dull and warm and threat of thunderstorms.

What: not sure

Why: test run with L66 to see how legs are post injury, then put out course for test run for great run local and then probably tail runner or pacer. Taking several changes of clothing!
    Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Morning all. We're back from our wedding anniversary trip and it's suddenly summer B)

Had a lovely time by the sea (Baltic - Island of Usedom which em possibly knows).

Wish I'd been brave enough for a sea swim but it seemed too cold... I can hear OH laughing at me ;)

Lovely hotel, fantastic food and the most beautiful seafront promenade. Too bad I still can't run :( tired but adductor still not right.

The atrocities in Manchester made me cry :'(

Didn't catch up with everything but it was great to see stickless back :+1:

And I hope Giselle is on the road to recovery, bless her.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    What: lazy day, maybe swim
    why: tired after yesterday's kayaking, 10k tomorrow 
    last hard: paddle back into wind yesterday
    last rest: Wednesday
    indeed, Chicksta!

Beautiful day here again, already quite warm  :D
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

LMH: safe journey home Grace will have missed you:-)
    Chick: Sound s a lovely trip away
    OH:The kayaking sounds tricky yesterday enjoy your 10k tomorrow:-)

What: 11.65
    Why: LSR
    Last hard: the heat yesterday
    Lyrics; yes

i was tired and unsure how the run would pan out but very hilly so pleased with that it is a lot cooler today a pleasure to be out:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Warm and sticky here: back up to 26 despite a short shower this morning just as I finished my first run. Second run an hour or so later as part of the Great Run Local trial: ran the first 2k easy, then pushed quite hard for the next 3k. All on grass and was hard work as it was quite long in places.

More cross training to be done, including packing.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    afternoon all,

nice LSR WP

Good work Ale

Sounds a nice trip away Chick

just over 10k this morning inc a steady parkrun as racining Dauntsey 10k tomorrow (hoping cold would have fully abated by then too - anything sub 45 I will be happy with)

Take care
  • Sounds lovely chicksta. Hope that pesky adducter sorts itself out soon.

Safely home but waiting to collect Grace as dog sitter is out - probably walking her.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Good luck tomorrow RFJ
    what - track first thing: 10x400s in around 80s (78-83 range) 3min recoveries. 5.2 miles including the w/u & c/d
    why - speed work
    last rest - 14/5
    last hard - this morning.
    Go to collect youngest from swimming, and engine dies in the car. 3 hours later AXA call out turns up (having said it would be 60-90 minutes). New battery via Halfords. 
    At least it was a Saturday late morning rather than a training night/school run/ going to (or from) a race I suppose!

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Bon soir!

What: a mile this morning followed by a whole day sightseeing on foot including going up a very steep hill to the cathedral. It's also very hot.
    Last hard: the heat and not enough sleep
    Lyrics: nope
    Yesterday's were Kent Jones Don't mind

French food eaten: too much but oh my God it's so good!

Chick: sounds like a nice time away. I didn't know the island but having googled it, it sounds complicated. How did they work pre schengen and euro?
    Lmh hope you get grace soon.

Have a good one all. Time for wine and a fromage  plate here.
  • Double dip today with temp >20C