Monday 29th May 2017 The old home town looks the same

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning! Late start.

Lyrics: The old home town looks the same

What: 45 mins on the streets of Porto

Why: on holiday. As hard a run as I've had for ages as simply couldn't breathe on the steep hills. Was singing the lyrics! 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Did have a look at starting the thread this morning but couldn't be bothered in the end, I seem to spend most mornings looking for appropriate lyrics.

Yesterday's lyrics were Sand In My Shoes by Dido.

Nice photographs RFJ.

I remember Mey mostly for lovely scones OH. Must be nice to see your running coming back after all the interruptions with the kidney stone etc.

Is it warm Alehouse? Typical Bank Holiday here - grey and wet. Just light drizzle when I set off for my run but about two miles in there was a heavy downpour which soaked me through. A bit different to last week's weather.

What:            short and easy
    Why:              knee is niggly
    Last hard:      having to manage the knees
    Last rest:       29/4

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Typical bank holiday, grey and overcast!
    What - Headed over to the fields and hills of Watership Down for a steady 13 miles.
    Ridiculously muggy so legs a bit tired now.
    Why - Trail mara in 3 weeks
    last rest - 15 days
    last hard - today
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Dry for my run but has then poured all morning. Stopped half an hour ago but the temperature has dropped and it has gone very dark...

Spoke to my Porto based friend earlier: he was teaching so put the phone on loudspeaker so that the class could say hello! 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    afternoon

abaobdon clun run this morning as the cat was ill (looks like he has a large abcess on his front knee from another cat bite

anyway after all that managed to get out for 7.3m

Well done on the 10k yesterday OH

Take care
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

That was a very well paced effort yesterday, RFJ. Like the pics and the fact that Mrs. RFJs fringe matches the colour of the club vest :+1:

No bank holiday here - we had ours on Thursday :)

LMH: is the knee still niggly from the Cornish hills?

Enjoy Porto, ale.

Nice 13, Dustin.

What: gym stuff (cardio and core)
    Why: can't do much else
    Last hard: this injury malarkey
    Last rest: 24/5
    Lyrics: no

• It's still niggly from before London chicksta - neither knee has actually recovered fully. Is your adducter still improving?

Hope the cat's ok RFJ.

Pouring again here now Alehouse.

I guess wet may have been less enjoyable Dustin.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

RFJ  Nice photos of you both and well done on 10k's
    OH: Great 10k result....did you have to make your own tea heaven forbid:-)
    Ale: enjoy Porto
    LMH:I hope the niggly knee starts to behave again for you
    Dustin: I was so impressed with your dedication to cakes on Friday:-) did you see the rabbits on the down:-)

What: 10 miles
    why: building up
    Last hard: seeing how many cals I burnt for that effort:-(
    Lyrics: OH YES;-)

I seem to run out of time I forgot to post yesterday my 7 mile Sunday run all my runs seem slower at the moment oh well at least I can run:-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Couldn't get online to post yesterday

What: 1 mile run, some beautiful driving and a hike
    Why: ummmm do I need a reason
    Last hard: knowing if the road was open. All the signs said no, but they'd built a temporary one for us which saved us a 4 hour detour.
    Lyrics: nope

Have a good one all
  • Actually had Friday's left over Sweet and Sour pork (which I had made), WP, but only the third race I have come in ahead of Elspeth, but only 13s between us!