Multiple races in one weekend

It seems a few races are now turning into multi-race running festivals. I just completed Liverpool Rock 'n' Roll marathon, but they also have a 5K on the Saturday with a special medal for people who do the double. Richmond Running Festival is now running its 10K the day before the half and full marathons so people can do both. And I'm sure there are others, not including the folks that take in a local parkrun the day before a destination race.
It's always seemed smart to me to rest the day before a race, so how would one go about doing two races in two days? Take it easy in the first one and don't expect a PB in the second?

Comments

• I usually run the day before a race - up to four miles - as I find that if I don't I feel sluggish on the start line, especially if it's difficult to get a good warm up (I like to do at least a mile before anything less than a marathon) so I'd just run the first day easy and expect to run well on the second day.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    If you do want to run a multiple event weekend its all about pacing and forget the PBs, otherwise they can bite you.

I ran 3 stages of the Green Belt Relay in May, total of over 30miles, 12+ Sat and 2 stages totalling 18+ on Sunday. By the final stage I was deffo in survival mode, just making sure I ran easy and within myself to finish OK.

As an event it was fine and fun, but if you're looking for a place or a time..... I'd stick to 1 race per weekend. 
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Locally, I could have run 3 races in one day - if you count parkrun as a race (which I know it's not....).