Friday 2nd June 2017 I do like to stroll upon the Prom, Prom, Prom!

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Got home from Porto about half an hour ago, hence the early start to the thread. 

Lyrics: I do like to stroll upon the Prom, Prom, Prom!

Not had a chance to comment on much this week as have been posting from my phone, which I find difficult!

What: no idea, but definitely something!

Why: depends how the legs feel.

199.31k for May. 

LMH: glad you enjoy the port! Have quite a liking for white port and it is often on my birthday/Christmas lists. And funnily enough I brought a bottle back through duty free. And a few other bottles also. And yes, Cornwall is under-rated: know a large part of the coast quite well, or rather, I used to; spent three weeks in the early 80s running around the coast, both north and south. The towns and villages will have changed of course, but I imagine most of the coastal paths will be similar, and probably improved. Not sure that I want to dive into Mousehole harbour after a long run any more!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

I won't say no to a glass of white port Alehouse but I prefer a good deep ruby, not so keen on tawny.

Stress related RFJ? Hope you feel better soon.

What:           easy miles
    Why:             why not
    Last hard:     seeing the weather forecast go downhill
    Last rest:      29/4

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Welcome home Alehouse:-)

What: a nice easy run if toe allows
    Why: the weather...heavy rain
    Last hard: Stubbing my toe in the middle  of the night and took 2 hours to stop hurting:-(
    Lyrics: Yes
    Last rest 20/05
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • What: unsure
    lyrics: believe it or not, didn't actually recognise that line!
    yesterday's lyrics The Wind by Cat Stevens
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

LMH: I'm just back from my Biobank assessment...only it didn't happen! Because I had radioactive pellets put into my prostate when I had the brachytherapy treatment they wouldn't scan me as they count the pellets as metal inside the body. Will see what my consultant says when I see him later in the month! 

Wabo: Assembly League?!

Wet here so run is rain delayed until later. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Any port in a storm :-) Ale...oops...hope it gets resolved
    What: Whatever I can get in
    Why: Draining day yesterday and up to Solihull tonight with grass cuuting beforehand.
    Last Hard: Yesterday's Bala trip with no run time as back too late to go with club
    Last Rest: Technically Monday
    Lyrics: Sadly, yes.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Not an issue, SC: Biobank is basically a research organisation. My body obviously isn't good enough for research purposes. Unlike LMH who had the testing done a while ago. 
  • Would they not do the rest of the stuff Alehouse? That's what they did for me - I had the dexa scan etc but not the MRI because of the screw where the fixed my collarbone/replaced the shoulder ligaments.

Hope your toe is ok Poppy.

What are you doing in Solihull SC? Let me know if you want a coffee on your way to/from - I'm sure Derby wouldn't be too much of a detour.

Are you tapering yet OH?

Another lovely morning here and I had a great run - think it must have been my new shoes:-)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    No, they said thanks, but no thanks, LMH! Gave me the impression that it was all or nothing. Probably got too many males of my age! More importantly, what shoes?

Grey, damp, cold and considering putting the heating on. Run still delayed. 
  • Just a new pair of Boston Boost Alehouse. A shame about the BioBank, I found it interesting to compare the tests to those they did when I signed up.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    You seem to be wearing lighter shoes these days, LMH! And yes, a shame about Biobank. Would have found the results interesting.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    hiya
    manic at work, but nothing two trays of krispy kreme won't put right (just the three so far)...
    what - easy run tonight
    why - no time at lunchtime
    last rest - 14/5 
    last hard - Tuesday

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Afternoon!

What: 6.41k, largely off road

Why: habit. Day 1034. Still raining when I set off, so was dressed for the occasion. And raining still. Legs felt better as I got going. Now for the post-holiday weigh in.

Edit: pretty well the same weight a before I went away, which shows the value, I suspect, of lots of hilly walking. However...still want to be half a stone or so lighter! Mustn't grumble though!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    alehouse sounds like you had a lovely holiday! How good is that to not put on weight  too!
    dustin, yum yum yum!!
    WP hope your toe is ok
    lmh, lot to be said for new shoes! 
    what: LMH I only cycled in on Vita today! 22 miles it's a lovely ride, then slipped into some skechers for a 1 mile run - will ride about 16 later then get picked up
    last hard: this morning, especially the one mile on heavy legs and a 5k race last night
    last rest: 31/12
    the streak continues...

have a lovely weekend all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • How did you find the Vita Wabo?

I agree about the value of walking and possibly especially hilly walking Alehouse, it has taken me less than a week to get back to pre holiday weight despite the ice cream habit and other indulgences whilst away. I've been in the lighter shoes since before London last year - I race in the Bostons (and do most of my long runs in them, my favourite shoe) and rotate them with Noosas and DS Trainers.

I would love to be able to eat Krispy Kremes Dustin but it's probably just as well that I can't.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Hi all,

sorry haven't been in touch - last few days were frantic. Off on hols to the Bavarian Alps for our annual hiking holiday and I had sooo much to do.

Just hope everyone is well and training nicely.

I've decided to go digital detox again and not sign on while we're there. Will be back on June 20. Hopefully that will see me running again. Right now the adductor gets sore the moment I try to run. Not a good sign. But walking is OK and I hope hill climbing will be as well.

TTFN :)

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Enjoy the hols, Chick!

Wabo:  no Battersea Park yesterday?

May try the Bostons at some stage, LMH. Not getting on too well with DS lately. 
  • Happy holidays chicksta.

I love the Bostons Alehouse - they feel much lighter than the DS Trainers.