Pwhelli Running Routes

I'll be holidaying in Pwhelli soon and wondered if anyone had any running routes they'd like to share? Anything from 4-5 miles loops to 20 milers would be appreciated, preferably fairly flat as my knees don't like hills.

Thanks.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• No Pwhelli runners here at all?
  • NorthEnderNorthEnder ✭✭✭
    Well... there are no Pwhelli runners here, because there's no such town  ;)

I don't know Pwllhelli, but I'm planning to do a race there next month and I'm remotely familiar with the beautiful Welsh Coastal Path that runs right around the peninsular (indeed right round Wales).  It runs right through Pwllheli so presumably gives some great opportunities - and if you want to drive to another part of the peninsular for a run, there are some really lovely parts of the path. One highlight is a pub on a beach that can only be reached on foot... http://www.tycoch.co.uk/...  

Good luck and have fun.  If you're there on 29th July, then cheer on the runners in the Llyn Peninsular Ultra!
  • I apologise - I do struggle to hold the spelling in my head.  I've bought an OS map of the area and obviously knew about the coastal path but was hoping for some recommendations for something other than out and back along that or the cycle path along the A497.

• NorthEnderNorthEnder ✭✭✭
    Sorry LMH... was only kidding about the spelling... Welsh place-names are not my speciality, despite living here for over a decade.  But as I'm running there next month, that's one I recognise!

I know what you mean about out and back routes - personally, if it's a lovely unfamiliar route, I don't need a circuit... just enjoy the scenery twice.  Good luck with finding someone who'll post from up that way.