Options

Monday 26th June 2017 I look at you all,

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning! 

Lyrics: I look at you all, see the love there that's sleeping

What: zero

Why: crying on the bench

Hoping to get back to sleep for a couple of hours, but can't get leg comfortable. Currently icing. Working today, so will have to see how I cope with that. Lots of people worse off, I keep telling myself!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

I hope you got more sleep Ale? I hope the icing is working?

What: run
    why: Lake V Training
    Last Hard: getting out of bed
    Lyrics: Yes

yesterday's Lyrics  : Ring of Fire Johnny Cash
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Morning.

Hope the ice helped Alehouse and that work doesn't aggravate it.

Are you off to Germany emzap?

Hope you've had a good run Poppy.

It was quite blustery here yesterday too Dustin.

What:           LSR
    Why:            didn't have time yesterday and it looks like a lovely morning for it
    Last hard:    last week wasn't easy
    Last rest:     29/4

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Morning again!

Managed to get another couple of hours sleep, and yes, I think the ice helps. Not sure that work will, though!

Good to see that 90 minutes yesterday doesn't count as a LSR for you, LMH! Enjoy this morning!

Hope everything goes to plan today, OH, and that Helen's life is well celebrated.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Morning What: 8.4 commute Why: Failed yesterday Lyrics: No. Had to run as Jalopy is coming out of hospital later. Really sorry to hear of your ills Ale, hope it sorts itself soon. OH thoughts with you and yours today.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning
    What - easy lunchtime run, post marathon review meeting tonight
    why - routine
    last rest - 14/5
    last hard - Saturday's track
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Ale: get better soon and join me in your exercises! WP see you up at LV hopefully.
    What: Not a lot
    Why: Quads are singing today
    Last Hard: Saturday
    Last Rest: Yesterday supposedly but did not seem to stop moving all day :-)
    Lyrics: Not instantly
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning
    What: traveling
    Why: work
    Last hard: getting to car hire to find (despite my reservation) there was a2-5 hour wait for a car. I cancelled my reservation ( with no guarantee of refund) and got on train. Will arrive at work 2 hours late.
    Lyrics: nope

Ale that sounds bad.

Oh we were also celebrating Helen this weekend but presumably another one. Hope it goes as well as it can.

Would like to run this evening but after the morning I've had, sleep may win.

Have a good day all.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    SC: unfortunately the exercises for an insertional Achilles injury are different from the more conventional Achilles problems, I understand...if that is what I have! 
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Travel nightmare, em. Hope your day has calmed down a bit.

Is the achilles still grumbling then, ale?

Hope you both had good runs, Poppy and LMH.

We've lost wabo ...

What: hour in the gym - bit of cardio and bit of strength
    Why: because I want to
    Last hard: not doing more
    Last rest: a week
    Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Afternoon What: 4.45 (giving almost 13 total for the day) Why : Collecting the jalopy. Lyrics: Still no. Hospital fees less than expected and the jalopy drives fine again. Better day at work though things were dodgey at the beginning of the day. Who knows what tomorrow brings?
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    SC: Look forward to meeting you if you manage Lake V...you have entered?

Chick: Great work on your gym work well done:-)

Postie: good news on Jalopy being let out of hospital and decent distance running:-)

I ran a good 7 miles today it is as if my body know it is Lake V so has to behave:-) long may it continue.
    LMH: how was the long run?
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon again!

ChickWabo  is on holiday or just back. Re Achilles, if it is indeed the Achilles, I'm struggling to walk! My previous Achilles problem on the other leg was quite high up and I have been very careful to prevent injury to my good one, having had an op on the first in 2012. This time it is where the Achilles attaches to the heel at the lower end, and I don't have much experience of this, and it is far less common, apparently. It could of course be something else but having talked to a friend who used to be the RW doctor, and indeed, GB Team doc, he says let everything settle for up to a week before seeing anyone, with plenty of icing in case it is a soft tissue injury. Icing rarely helps the Achilles itself as the blood supply to it is so poor. And good training from you!

Frustrating, Emz!
  • Options
    It sounds hopeful then if the ice is helping Alehouse?

Are you still banned from running chicksta? You are very good about getting in the gym and doing what you can even though it can be very frustrating.

It was good thanks Poppy.

Good news postie - it's not often these things cost less than we expect. Nice mileage too. I keep thinking about maybe doing doubles but can't seem to motivate myself like I did in my tri days - it's not so much the getting out and doing but the getting clean again after.

Hope your day got better emzap.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I bought choc chip cookies about an hour ago. My day improved a lot!

Ale it sounds like it's getting bad quickly...
  • Options
    The hard part I find is the thought of the return journey. Last time i used to double up it never seemed so hard though i was a bit fitter in those days.
  • Options
    A hard day but fitting tribute to Helen, one of the most selfless people I have ever known.
    Return home on Wednesday.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

mixed day for many, Ale, Em, etc

What - Club Run 6.5m
    Why - Its Monday
    Last Hard - Yesterday
    Last Rest - Thurs

Take care