Blog Post: West Highland Way Ultra (x3 races) 2016

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to post a blog link (mods, if that's not cool, please feel free to delete the post).

Each year there are three ultras held on the West Highland Way in Scotland, and I ran them last year:

https://dynamicstasis.blog/2017/04/21/three-long-journeys/

I started this blog a few months ago, and it's all a bit 'work-in-progress', so I'm just keen to gather as much feedback as I can.

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• Good read there Jamie, and well done on a great achievement. I did my first ultra, the Devil, last month and couldn't praise the event highly enough. From the organisation, the enthusiasm of the volunteers, to the route which is just stunning. I'm a pretty 'unstructured' trainer but have got my eye on doing the Fling next year and then the WHW possibly the year after next. Will need to strengthen up the core and all that good stuff before trying it, so will be breaking the habit of a lifetime and joining up at the gym for some weights work. I'm with you on that Loch Lomond section - I did that as part of a Fling relay team a few years back and hated it. It's the only thing that puts me off the event really. Anyway, good to read your story.