The Collins Cup @ Challenge Roth 2018

Simo429Simo429 ✭✭✭
Just listened to IM talk yesterday and heard that the Collins cup is going to be based at Challenge Roth yesterday.

Ryder cup triathlon sounds great but if the big guns turn up surely its going to be a white wash for Europe.
Just over Half ironman

6 men 6 women
Ali B
Frodo
Gomez
Kinele
Ryf 
Joyce

Just seems that the strength in that team will smash everyone else. Think a British team wouldn't be far off. 
Tagged:

Comments

• yep.... but i'd be surprised if half the names on that list had much interest in the Collins Cup.
    lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • Simo429Simo429 ✭✭✭
    yep.... but i'd be surprised if half the names on that list had much interest in the Collins Cup.
    It depends what the money is like, all the big names liked Maccas format for the sprints because the money was there. Crowie, Chrissie, Dave Scott and Simon Whitfield are already involved as the team captains and its at Roth which is an iconic course.

Also most of the big guns will have Kona boxed off by then and the distance won't be a killer like 140.6 so it won't get in the way of their prep.

I think it has the opportunity to be something great, I never watch golf but I am glued to the Ryder cup. 
  • don't get me wrong... i'd love it to be HUGE.... and think the format could make for incredibly exciting racing.... but I suspect the money won't be there, and doubt that the big names will attend without that, as it will disrupt their periodised training.

Would love to be proved completely wrong!
    lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday