Morning.

Lyrics - However do you want me

Hope you can resuscitate the phones OH.

How did you get on SC?

What:              MLR or LSR
Why:               Robin Hood/will see how I feel after walking Grace
Last hard:       not running for the sake of it yesterday
Last rest:        15/7
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Morning

yesterday's lyrics were Take me home by Peters and Lee

LMH: Have a good run this morning:-)
    EM: 24 km is a long way as well.Walking seems so much further than running:-)

OH: I hope both phones survived?

What : 5 mile walk/50 mins exercise bike
    Why: Benched
    Last hard: getting some ouchy moments this morning
    Lyrics: No
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • "Walking so much further than running" so true.
    One phone recovered (almost) but mine is back on the boiler.  :/ 

What: probably restful day. Yesterday was hard.
    Son home so will probably go out for lunch.

lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    OH hope the phone recovers fully
    LMH enjoy!
    WP you are still doing a lot, I'm impressed.

What: I should run 24km, but I'm not sure it's going to happen
    Why: legs feel very very stiff this morning.  I'll do an out and back route, so I'll see how they feel once I've loosened up a bit.
    Last hard: it'll be this
    Lyrics: nope

Ale I wish I hadn't remembered about the cricket...

Have a good day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

The women's cricket was good,  Emz. And talking of cricket, back to Old Trafford this afternoon, weather permitting: in true cricket style it hasn't stopped drizzling this morning.

No whats, and you know why.

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Well that was a hoot. parkwalk and the person in front of me happened to fall over and graze an arm, whilst walking! The person concerned is in the process of getting fit. 2nd parkrun having done Cheltenham half in 5.5 hours! Intermittent pootlle...47 minutes i.e. brisk walk. Heaven preserve us. Just as well nothing more than a walk  as tender again today. OH you should write a book about your adventures. LMH, good decision imho. Emzap, good effort and good luck.
    What: Back on the bench with Ale
    Lyrics: yep.
    Daay of building raised beds for OH allotment ahead. Wish me luck
  • Take care Poppy.

It took my legs thirteen miles to decide to play this morning emzap - they don't like rest! - hope yours were more forthcoming and you had a good long run.

Uhoh, sounds as though it could be expensive OH. Hope you have a nice lunch.

Comfortably under 60 minutes then SC! Careful with the gardening/DIY.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    23.6 km :) I nearly died in shick when my oh said he'd accompany me for the first 5. 6 in and he thought he'd better turn back.  Mine felt strong until I got to the last 5km and had to run up Tardibigge locks (Google them).  That was my undoing.  However, very happy :). Got home and oh admitted he'd had to walk a bit of the way home.  However, I'm so impressed he can run anywhere when he does no exercise!

Lmh so how far did you manage in total!?  

Sounds stressful sc

Ale yes good for women.  I'm really glad they are making an effort of showing it this time

Have a good one all
  • Just sixteen today emzap - I'm hoping to do a LSR tomorrow. It's frustrating when people can just up and run like that isn't it? Nice to have the company though. Well done on getting it done - they'll get easier.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I do think it's often a mental problem for me, once I'm out the door I seem ok, but the thought of running for 2.5 hours is a bit of a mental hurdle for me to get over.
  • I often have the same thing emzap. I find that breaking it down and finding a positive focus helps. I also start thinking of what I'm going to have once I get back almost as soon as I set off...........
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Apologies for not having read back every day just yet, but it sounds like the bench is getting busier...
    Two decent weeks in Cornwall, only one day of rain and first week was actually stunning.
    Ran every day (except travelling day - 4th July), longest was a 13 miler along the SW coast path between Bude & Widemouth in the first week.
    Couple of 8 -10 milers towards Portreath / St Ives last week and some local hill work too.
    14.5 miles yesterday after getting back (a struggle).
    Today was kids final T&F fixture in Poole, another win, and retained the title. 
    Squeezed in a 5 mile leg stretcher just now

Sadly back to work tomorrow. That will be a shock.
  • So true - the amount of faffing I can do before any solo LSR

Windscreen wipers on in the car park before this evening's swim.
    7 of us out plus one seal

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Good weather then OH :-)

Lyrics - yes

Dustin all sound good for your travels

10.65m this morning and 2.6m tonght

Getting the miles in

Good runs and walks from many :-)

Good recoveries to the benched, take care