Friday 21st July 2017 - Well come on pretty baby

Morning.

Lyrics - Well come on pretty baby

Good running emzap. I have cake most days but it's not the same as when I go to my favourite coffee shop.

Physio lectured me about getting in the gym again Alehouse. I should really follow your example.

Have you a lot to shift Donaldo?

Legs feel a little battered after physio worked me over yesterday but she said that they were in a good way so I shall keep plodding away as much as I can.

What:               easy miles
Why:                Robin Hood/can't do anything other than plod really
Last hard:        not crying whilst physio worked
Last rest:          15/7

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

LMH: Sounds like those legs are good to go again and hopefully you will join a gym soon:-)

Wabo: I forgot to answer it takes me 90 minutes to walk 5 miles:-)

Off out for a walk not sure how far as weather warning in place for rain and the heavy stuff:-( Exercise bike later.

Have a great day and Benchies good luck today
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    What: a mile and physio
    Why: guests arriving later so not much time.  Hoping I can carry everything on bike in one go or could also be a lot of cycling
    Last hard: it's going to be physio.  Legs are stiff this morning (don't worry ale, no hard sessions till Monday now).
    Lyrics: familiar but can't quite place them. What we're yesterday's lmh?

Wp you're walking at a good pace there.  I'm guessing it's not flat either?

What I forgot to say yesterday is that before I'd left, I'd looked at my route on a map. I'd decided to run purely on road as I'm going off road quite a bit bit marathon is road.  Got to one turning and took it.  On Google what is a road is a tiny overgrown bridle path with gates along it!  Was so muddy and slippy I had to walk parts, and even then ended ankle deep in mud! All part of the adventure!

Have a great day all.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics were "All along the Watchtower," written and first recorded by Bob Dylan; most people will be more familiar with the Jimi Hendrix Experience version.

Lyrics: yes. 

What: gentle gym

Why: strengthening legs/keeping some sort of exercise going
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Sorry LMH, wrong person to ask for the lyrics :confused:  I did get them, I'm not sure why the clue made me doubt myself!

Have decided on a gin cheesecake for tomorrow evening.  Now just to chose salads :)
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    LmH - no worries maybe I didn't say about the 10k....
    Maybe I'm a high maintenance runner but can't be doing with 'admin' of map reading and (what I believe is) unnecessary survival kit. I get the latter in the Lakes / Brecons in spring but not rural Berkshire in August!

As for gym type activities, what sort of core /stability work do people recommend? My coach swears by yoga/pilates type things, but happy to listen to views.

What - 6 easy lunchtime
    why - Friday 
    last rest - 4/7
    last hard - Tuesday
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Meant to say earlier, not seen ChickPostie,  or OL amongst others for weeks! Hope everything is ok! 

And no, I'm not sure that survival gear is necessary in Berkshire in the middle of summer, either, Dustin

Weather is pretty foul here...but not quite as bad as at the Open golf.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    LMH, yes, loads.  Was 15 stone 5 on Monday and want to get back to around 13 stones in time.  I will be patient, it's harder to take it off than put it on!

Rest day today, then heading south to Buxton for the weekend. 
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Donaldo....ain't that the truth. Was going to put on my crop top yesterday but the muffin top over the jeans wasn't a good look for a bloke :-)
    Emz...interesting, muddy runs and gin cheesecake. 
    WP....leg/op dependent LV is one thing in my mind I am happy to focus on. If I can't make it I'll offer my place on here first for the most beautiful half-m south of Scotland.
    Dustin...google 30 day challenges. Sets for all seasons and great core work outs there. CBA with yoga etc as to me they are more lifestyle+fitness
    What: Moved to indoor bench
    Why: Too much precipitation outside
    Lyrics: yep
  • SC - I didn't think Lake V allowed transfers? It's one of the reasons I didn't enter. Hopefully you'll be able to use it yourself anyway.

emzap - you had me wondering if I'd started the thread yesterday and forgotten (not an unlikely occurrence). Hope you have a nice weekend.

Dustin - my physio wants me to do pilates/yoga for general core strength and flexibility but it's shoulder/arm strengthening she wants me in the gym for.

I was thinking about postie earlier in the week. Chicksta was due back at the physio wasn't she? Hopefully it's just work keeping her away.

Ouch Donaldo. If only it were as easy to get rid as it is to gain.

Dry here currently but breezy and not warm.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    SC: I hope you will make the race, the race is full I would imagine they will allow transfers it would just mean emailing Janet but I maybe wrong but they seem to have a waiting list for places?

Well I managed 1.31 miles out 4.31 walk but run but in segments of 0.35 mile so progress I may make it off the bench in a week or 2:-)

Don: I feel your pain so easy to go on and very hard to shift:-(

EM: sadly nothing is flat here I usually walk at about 18 mm:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Dentist (done) Cooking (done)
    No running today as nightly foot and 10k planned tomorrow.
    Phone pronounced dead from Saturday's soaking :(
     ☀️ again today
    lyrics no
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Right...into festival mode (monmouthfestival.co.uk ) Off to put up closure notices and make the populace happy. Nine nights of fun start a week today but we start building the stage next Wednesday. Off t find a dongle for our soshal meeja uploads and then perhaps a beer tonight as saving myself for tale stroll tomorrow. Great joy today as first time in weeks I have not winced getting out of bed and standing on left leg.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    SC - yes seen the 30 day thing before (our marathon coach recommends them).
    Good luck with the Fest.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Hi guys, sorry I've been AWOL. LMH was spot on: the worst deal ever came down on me like a ton of bricks leading to a couple of 16 hour days and weekend work. But all done now :+1:  Closing (or rather: Signing) dinner on Wednesday and a day off yesterday which was I was in dire need of.

Lots of people on hols now so the next few weeks should be quiet, I hope.

Poppy: You're benched?? What's wrong? (sorry - not had time to read back)

SC: enjoy the festival - I think I'm too old for mud and camping ;)  Glad your leg seems to be getting better.

OH: Dentist you and me both today :o   Mine was ok. Hope yours was too. Sorry to hear about the soaked phone :|

Ale: still on the bench? Any progress/hope/light at the end of the tunnel?

Dustin: Yoga/pilates get my vote. And I still like the Core H routine (available on youtube or vimeo - just 15 mins but it's hard core and it works). Exercises where you engage and hold the muscles work much better than crunch-type things. You don't really need to go to the gym either IMHO.

em: Gin cheesecake sounds intriguing

LMH: I bet you plod faster than I sprint :D

I've had another osteo session last week but I'm still not cleared to run. Alignment is improving but we're not there yet. I'm ok with yoga, biking and swimming to keep me out of mischief ;)

What: cycling into work
    Why: nice weather for it
    Last hard: the past two weeks at work
    Last rest: Saturday
    Lyrics: I think so

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Wills & Kate arrived next to where I work earlier. Couldn't really identify them but here's a picture nevertheless

• Good news SC.

As if by magic a chicksta appears:-) Glad to hear that you're making progress.

Shame about the phone OH.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Mile done.  Mammoth cooking session done.  House cleaned.  Hydrangeas picked and in vases.  Just need to shower before guests arrive and I'm ready to go :)

Hi Chick!  You work there!!!  I like that bit of Hamburg!  Sorry to hear you're still not running, but good you can do other stuff.

SC festival sounds intriguing.  Storms here means it's muddy everywhere so camping in this would not be fun...

OH RIP phone.  Sorry to hear you were unable to resuscitate.

Dustin can't help with core.  I'm rubbish at doing it.  I'm really good for a few days, then forget to do it for weeks.  Then do it for a few days again. Repeat cycle.

Have a great evening all.