Tuesday 25th July 2017 Dust yourself off

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Dust yourself off, 
And start all over again

What: physio appointment a.m./fitness suite evening

Why: Achilles advice/fitness

Can't sleep! Off to try again!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Keep On Moving by UB40.

Hope you managed to get some sleep Alehouse.

Maybe your strength lies with the shorter stuff emzap?

What:             hopefully a LSR
    Why:              miles whilst the sun shines (or at least whilst it isn't raining)
    Last hard:      getting up this morning
    Last rest:       15/7

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Ale: I hope you got back to sleep?
    LMH: I hope the sun is shining for your LSR

What: walking and exercise bike
    Why: Benched
    Last hard: watching the fitness slip away
    Lyrics: Yes
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Morning benched peeps and all you fit runners too.
    Bala yesterday so not a lot happening. Trying to stay patient and still hoping to hobble round Dublin mid-August. Resigned to not doing Westonbirt 10k next Friday 4th Aug. Will definitely lose some races in Sep as op scheduled now for late August
    What: Planks/press ups/squats
    Why: Fitness/displacement actvity
    Lyrics: Can't place

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, hope Ale is asleep and good luck with fizzio
    LmH - are you suggesting I eat the occasional doughnut/cake...(oh , if only it was occasional...)
    what - club night - 5x1k
    why - speedwork
    last rest - 04/07
    last hard - Sunday

Ended up doing 3x(5x200)s yesterday. Low turnout for village speed group, so led round the better 5k improvers , 200s in ~45 (6m/m)
    After Saturday, it felt ridiculously easy.
    SC: I guess with your op this mean no Lake V for you? I am sorry to hear about races you are unable to make I hope you can transfer them or defer them for next year?

What op are you having?
    I am just hoping to make Lake V and the Swansea 10k 2 weeks later as these are my last races this year so will mean 4 races this year which is poor but never mind maybe next year will be better year for us all :-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: a mile
    Why: a mile a day
    Last hard: definitely yesterday
    Lyrics: nope, but just you tubed it and it made me laugh!

SC :( sorry to hear that, but good news you have an op date (bright side and all that...)
    Dustin occasional doughnut :joy:
    WP I am really keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    LMH I think I'm very firmly in the jack of all master of none category...
    Ale how many sheep did you count?

My arms ache from yesterday, typing today is hard!

Have a great day all.
    edited July 2017
    Thanks Em and well done on the shorter stuff shame you were too young for the team:-)

I just made some Rock cakes for the benchies and all the fit runners help yourself:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Managed another hour's sleep. Trouble is you feel worse than if you had got up and got on!

Glad the lyrics made you smile, Emz! Several versions of this, and I noticed that in one it is "Dust myself off", rather than "yourself". And I smiled at the thought f you being too young for the vets team: would have been less surprised if you had been asked to be part of the juniors! 

Physio report: a particularly good session with someone that I hadn't seen before, but comes highly recommended. And a runner, which helps! And I got to run for 5 minutes, and pain free at that, although there is a slight catch as it was on a gravitational treadmill, so the bottom half of the body is sealed into an air chamber and I was able to run at 70% gravity, then 80%, without issue. All sounds quite weird...but it was even stranger than that! To continue with the Alfredson's exercises, with slight modifications, plus general stretching and as much gym work as I can manage. Progress...just hope there are no set backs!

Another grey day here, despite the sunny forecast. And tomorrow's weather is supposed to be dire.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

That's intriguing, ale. Sounds like you have access to top class physios. Mine doesn't even have a bog-standard TM nevermind a gravity one  :/   Very good to hear that there's progress being made.

Yum yum, rock cakes, poppy :+1::heart:  Fingers crossed you get off the bench in time for Lake V

Have fun at club night, Dustin.

SC: how long will you have to recover for post op?

LMH: Hope you managed a sunny LSR: Been raining here without stopping since yesterday afternoon.

I got home OK - took the train and hubby picked me up from station.

What: spin class this morning
    Why: it's Tuesday
    Last hard: sleeping although I did slightly better than ale
    Last rest: 23/7
    Lyrics: no

• It's not sunny but it is good conditions for running and I made the most on behalf of myself and all of those on the bench who are ding wonders for my motivation.

Dustin - I think you deserved an extra doughnut for that day!

Sounds good Alehouse.

Are you back to being able to do TKD now SC? Shame about the 10k - would have been a bit of a trek for you wouldn't it?

Are you secret streaking again emzap? :-)

Any news on when you may be able to resume running chicksta?

It sounds as though you're doing all that you can Poppy.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    LMH..not really a trek....happy to travel three hours or more for a good half/10k.  I'm teaching tkd but using my black belts for demo etc.  I am not training. 
    Op recovery depends how long it takes and extent of interventions as well as dependency on successful outcome. There are some watch outs as well so until it's done I don't know. Could be anything from two weeks to three months. I'm hopeful. Ho humm better than the alternative :-1:

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon 
    alehouse good lyrics, know them
    chick hope the spinning was  good
    fingers crossed for you alehouse
    emzap a mile a day is often the way for me
    lmh hope you manage a good lsr
    all benchies wishing you better soon

lmh, off to the dentist again tomorrow this tooth will not settle, and thats why I have done a lot of 1 mile runs only 
    what: 2 miles with work buds later
    why: its good to have company
    last hard: yesterday evening 3 mile (oh on his bike) and then hiit 15 mins
    last rest: 31/12
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Wabo I was told by someone at my running club last night that there was no point just going out for a mile, I may as well stay out for 5 once I'm out the door.  I told him in no uncertain terms that I know my body and if I run more than 3 quality sessions a week I break.  Therefore a mile 4 days a week is best for me.  He was really quite rude about it.  I really find that the mile a day is good for me.  Takes away the will I won't I.  However, I must be careful not to get to the point where I have to go, even if ill/injured etc.  Well done on getting out especially with toothache.  Hope you heal soon.  
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I agree with you, Emz! However over time that one mile might gradually increase to 15 minutes, then 20, once a week, and then perhaps more often. As you say, listen to your body and see what works. It all goes wrong when things are rushed!

Good to see you Wabo, and thanks for reminding me to phone the dentist for a check up!
  • That's really not good about the tooth Wabo - hope you can get it sorted. I did have a good LSR thanks.

emzap - as someone who used to regularly break if they ran more than 30 miles a week I think you may surprise yourself if you keep listening to your body and building slowly.

It certainly is better than the alternative SC. No point in being anything other than positive.