Friday 28th July 2017 - Guns that cross the street

Morning.

Lyrics - Guns that cross the street

Bizarrely my leg has felt back to normal since my run - hopefully it will stay that way.

What:             short and easy
Why:              trying to stay the right side of the line
Last hard:      not getting too angry at the gormless woman who watched her huge Doberman leap up me mid run yesterday
Last rest:       15/7

Yesterday's lyrics - I Walk The Line.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Hope you got on ok last night, Wabo!

What: hopefully a walk and gym

Supposed to be going to cricket this evening: weather forecast suggests otherwise.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Somehow forgot to post yesterday

What: a mile 
    Why: I'm tired and will run long Sat and Sun
    Last hard: buying new running shorts.  Got so fed up in Sports Direct yesterday I gave up and ended up empty handed.
    Lyrics: I don't think so

Wabo tooth sounds painful
    LMH strange about the leg, but good!
    Ale sounds like swimming rather than walking!

Have a good day all
  • What:nothing much. May swim and cut lawn.
    Why: knackered from yesterday's kayaking and run. Possible long trail run tomorrow
    Last rest: Wednesday
    Last hard: yesterday
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    LmH - I sympathise. Although touch wood I have had no major run ins with dog owners this summer.
    I have a theory that the IQ of a dog is greater than the IQ of the owner.

What - easy few miles
    why - track tomorrow, long Sunday
    last rest - 04/07
    last hard - coming to terms with a heavy cold, in July
  • He was huge Dustin. I'm a dog owner, I love dogs, I wasn't worried that he was going to bite me but I may well have ended up in the river if he's have hit me full in the chest which he was on course to do if my years of self defence training hadn't resurfaced when required - it's a good thing they make these things instinctive!

emzap - sportshoes have the Asics 2 in 1 trail shorts which I love in the sale at just £20. They are really comfortable and have two very useful pockets which will take inhaler/gels/keys etc.

Definitely not cricket weather here Alehouse - chilly, blowy and with some heavy showers going through.

Hope the rest day sets you up for the trail run tomorrow OH.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

back from a wettish week camping, with a good few miles under the belt inc Shepton Mallet parkrun at the start of the holiday last week.

All is well, hope all of you are too as I havent read back.

Now for a manic weekend of parkrun / family and Mrs RFJ preaching :-)

Take care
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

EM: I lose the will to live in Sports Direct have you looked online Startfitness or Sportsshoes.com for shorts?

LMH: Stupid dog owner especially such a big dog jumping at you!!

Dustin is it cake Friday today?

What 6 mile walk/1 hour on exercise bike
    Why: need to keep moving
    Last hard: The Bench
    Lyrics: Yes

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Irresponsible dog owners suck, I agree. Not afraid of dogs either and I can handle them but I'm always concerned about people that have a phobia. For them it must be a frightening experience. Good on you to karate it into submission, LMH :D - I tend to stop out-of-control dogs by shouting and making a pass at them. Has worked fine a couple of times.

Dustin: That IQ theory sounds quite plausible.

em: hope you find some shorts. I'm an Under Armour fan - can never leave their shop without buying something and if it's just seamless undies :)

Hope you had a good race, wabo.

What: just a 2 mile walk but have planned yoga for tonight
    Why: doctors appointment this morning - wasn't allowed to eat before they took blood. Just a routine check-up
    Last hard: the syringe - I just hate being pierced
    Last rest: Sunday
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    yes I do know the lyrics from yesterday lol not today tho
    LMH glad the leg is better, not so please to see a dog  (big one) jumped at you!!
    chick hope the walk was good and enjoy the yoga
    WP good training! 
    RFJ enjoy the manic park running!
    oh long trail run sounds lovely
    emzap I can imagine the shopping scenario! Tooth is not great can't wait for it to be sorted

last night's race was good, I knocked off 30 secs from the may one same course - dont know points etc yet
    alehouse hope the weather might be nice for all concerned!
    What: cycled in this morning - running club annual 'pub crawl run' tonight I love it
    why: we run pub to pub drinking, what can go wrong??/
    last hard: last night 
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a great weekend all, I'm park running tomorrow am not sure what else
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chicksta I blooming love them underarmour running knickers!!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Nice racing Wabo!

chicksta - it was more a case of escape and evasion - I managed to deflect it with my arm rather than taking the full force of both paws in my chest.

I hope you can be back running soon Poppy.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done Wabo, yesterday! Enjoy the alehouses! Nothing could possibly go wrong!

Weather here is too wet even for ducks. It will stop... sometime tomorrow.

The Griffin this evening.

Sent from the exercise bike in the fitness suite. Walked this morning.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Heavy gardening / tree lopping: took half a tree to recycling. Swim to loosen up now; been nice all day but possibly going to be swim in rain.
  • Actually lovely warm long swim in evening sun (ebbing tide over expanse of beach)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sounds good, OH! Cricket update: match abandoned without a ball being bowled. Heating on. And just waiting for a lift to HM and the alehouse.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I got very wet on my afternoon walk too ale. Did you catch any of England vs South Africa?