Heel Pain

I imagine this has been discussed a 1000 times but just wanted to know if anyone has been in this situation.

Trying to keep it brief, I overtrained and did too much speed work, which led to what I believe was achilles tendonitis. A really sharpe pain at the back of my heel. Stupidly I carried on training (worst mistake ever) as I found it hard to break my routine.

Eventually, after making it a lot worse, I was forced to stop running, so I had three/four weeks rest whilst doing some cross training on the elliptical machine. The last week I had complete rest.

I have started running again now, and the "pain" per se is gone, however I do get a very dull ache/slight pain (I would put it at 2 or 3 out of 10) when I am running/after my run. It doesn't cause me any issues, but clearly it is not back to how it was prior to the injury. However, the feeling (slight pain) is almost completely different to what I experienced after the initial injury.

Has anyone experienced this latent sensation after coming back from a similar injury? I would be interested to hear anyone's advice etc (no one needs to remind me no one on the forum is a medical expert etc).

Thanks and regards
Dan