Strange left hip problem

<div>Hello, </div><div>I am 26y male and I have had chronic (3y+) left hip pain - possibly a result of first marathon overtraining. Alas, doctors have been of little help so I am hoping maybe somebody had a similar issue... </div><div>
</div><div>***Issue***</div><div>The pain is most prominent immediately under left hip bone (in front, as well as slightly to the side), especially when I try eg to put socks on while standing, while doing lateral leg raises (to some extent) and when I walk a lot (after a few hours I need to sit down). The pain level varies from day to day 0-5 (out of 10). Sometimes it radiates into the middle of the hip.</div><div>
</div><div>***Diagnosis so far***</div><div>I have had MRI and other tests (no issues found), visited three doctors and two physios. No help, apart from "let's do a steroid injection and see what happens", which I didn't do.  Good but temporary response to NSAIDs. </div><div>
</div><div>
</div><div>Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas, would be highly appreciated... What could it be and what could I do to confirm the diagnosis?

Thank you so much for your help and time! </div>

Comments

• TTTT ✭✭✭
    May I ask what type of physio you saw? Mine is brilliant but that is because he knows his limitations, he refers people to specific running physios when required. One of my friends is now travelling miles to see a specific running physio, she is also not running till 2018. It could be a series of issues which are causing the pain, and not necessarily all in your hip. Where about a do you live? (General area such as South London) I am sure people will be able to advise you to on specific physios. 
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your reply.

I live in central London. I had the displeasure of using the services of the Institute of Sport, Exercise and Health (ISEH), allegedly the leading facility used by Olympic sportsmen etc...
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    St Mary's in Twickenham do a sports rehab degree and post grad and they have a clinic, would it be worth trying them?