Thursday 17th August 2017 Friendly old girl of a town

Morning!

Lyrics: Friendly old girl of a town.

Yesterday's were Elvis with "Blue Suede Shoes" on the 40th anniversary of his death.

Early start: awaiting taxi to airport. 

What: probably something in the hotel gym
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Have a nice trip Alehouse.

Permanent toothache doesn't sound pleasant chicksta.

I'm not happy with the format of the race on Saturday. It was supposed to be a time trial format as it's on the canal path but now I find that Mark, with a predicted finish time twenty five minutes slower than mine, is starting five minutes before me as there weren't a lot of faster men entered - apparently there are about twenty men in this wave, only three of which have predicted a faster time than me. I'm not confident of my chances of safely passing at the same time as avoiding other path users especially as the runners may well be wearing headphones. I don't want to turn an ankle or end up in the canal. Really annoyed that I've compromised my marathon training. I knew it wasn't likely to be a PB course, that's fine, but I want to be back training on Sunday.

Heavy rain here at the minute as there has been for the past few hours but due to stop shortly so I hope the Met have that right.

What:           either short and easy or LSR
    Why:            depends whether I decide to ditch the race or not
    Last hard:    realising I need to replace another pair of trainers
    Last rest:     15/7

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning
    I seemed to have missed yesterday and missed Elvis lyrics we had our local newsagents dress up as Elvis outside shop he serenaded me yesterday it did make me smile to see I was not the only one to remember him.
    Yesterday was walking and a lovely day

LMH: That is very poor from the race I hope you make the right decision for you and your body.
    Ale Have a lovely trip:-)

What: aiming for 6 mile run it could have walking or not
    Why: what leg is demanding
    Last hard being sensible
    Lyrics; Yes
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Safe trip Ale
    LmH - that's nuts. Is it a new race?
    Canal paths are notorious for pinch points, cyclists and headphone wearers. 

What - possibly coaching the little people but at the mercy of South West Trains still, if not 6 easy
    Why - trying to keep sane
    last rest - 04/07
    last hard - staying calm with rail chaos
  • It is a new race but it's run by Stuweb who have been running a race with the same format on the canals in Birmingham for ten years. They have offered me a refund but I've compromised my training this week to freshen up for Saturday so now if I don't race that was an annoying waste of some nice days and longer run opportunities. I could run long today if I decide not to do it and get my mileage to a reasonable level though it would still be a cut back week but it's heavy rain and everywhere is flooding so that's not an appealing prospect at the moment. I've been reflecting on it whilst walking Grace this morning and I think I'm just turning into a bit of a scared old woman. Not a pleasant realisation. I'm just getting to the stage where every time something happens it takes longer to recover from:-(  Hope the train situation is resolved soon.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    chicksta hi, my permanent toothache ended up being a dead nerve, I'm sure caused by smashing that side of my face on the pavement years ago coming off the bike! Hope you get yours sorted. Getting mine finished with a crown tomorrow
    alehouse where are you off to? Have fun
    LMH sounds a pain that race! Hope it somehow pans out ok.
    dustin, whatever way it ends up, have a good un
    WP, hoping to hear good about your 6 miles
    what: hill session later with work mate
    why: As I run every day - sometimes I crave company
    last hard: last nights 4.33 with same work mate
    last rest: 31/12
    nagging oh to run as he also entered snowdonia!!
    Have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • I ran 5 miles shortened route to avoid steep downhills leg still not too happy but from small acorns big oaks will grow:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Swim at Portobello
    Sun shining
    Sitting on front eating ice-cream  a with Els and youngest  daughter. Son flying in from Copenhagen imminently.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    That's very annoying indeed, LMH. On the other hand just think that you've given your body a chance to recover a bit. It might appreciate being cut a little slack :)  If there's a risk of injury I wouldn't go. As we get older we take longer to heal and have to be more cautious.

The toothache thing has nothing to do with my teeth apparently. At least that's what the dentist said after thorough examination and xrays. It's more some sort of neuralgia - so there must be a cause elsewhere.

Sorry to hear about rail chaos, Dustin

Glad you're running again, Poppy.

I ran up some stairs today to catch a train - don't tell my osteo ;)

What: 30mins of stretching, 45mins swim
    Why: the long and winding road to recovery
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: 5/8
    Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon from an almost sunny Copenhagen. Didn't see your sun at the airport, OH.

Am sure everyone knows the lyrics, really.

LMH: I would contact them to say you intend to run around 1:25 to go high in the rankings but you won't be able to run that starting where you are because of the number of runners.

Off to hotel fitness suite.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lol alehouse I get the lyrics now...
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I have Alehouse - the race director has said that I can't start with the fast boys because it would give me an advantage over the other ladies though apparently there are only three of us that have declared sub 1.30 the others being sub 1.40 or sub 1.45. It also means that (unless I have a bad day) I'll have no one to work with/pace off/shelter behind.

Sounds as though OH has the best of the weather.

I won't say anything chicksta:-)

Hope you can get your OH out training Wabo or he's not likely to enjoy Snowdonia much.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: went cycling along the country lanes blackberry picking at lunch, then ran a mile after work
    why: the blackberries are out!  Wanted to get them before anyone else does!
    Last hard: the stinging nettle on my ankle, it's still stinging 4 hours later!
    Lyrics: nope, but I have a feeling I can guess what they are to do with...and indeed I guessed the song name but never heard of it :pensive:

LHM that is really annoying. Especially as you contacted them.  It's not your fault if you are faster than other women.  I hope you make the right decision whatever you decide.

WP sounds like progress!

Ale enjoy

Chick, naughty :tongue:

Wabo your OH is going to be in for a shock!

Have a great evening all.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Enjoy Copenhagen Ale, love it there

LMH - hope you make the right desicion for you

WP - getting there

Intervals last night
    Easy tonight plus a fall (hand damage only, self dressed)

Take care