Friday 18th August 2017 - All around me are familiar faces

Morning.

Lyrics - All around me are familiar faces

May have used these before but they felt relevant.

Hope you're ok after your fall RFJ.

How's your leg after your run Poppy?

I don't know what to do about Saturday. Instinct is to run but I know I'll be really annoyed with myself if I race and something does happen and I injure myself but last time it was just my knee giving way whilst running and the time before that was a driver not seeing me/stopping and I'm still out running so I guess I should carry on carrying on. Can't let fear determine what I do.

What:             very short and hopefully faster/lots of quad stretching/foam rolling
Why:              race tomorrow/both knees niggly
Last hard:      making a decision
Last rest:       15/7

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics were Wonderful wonderful Copenhagen, Danny Kaye.

I know today's.

What: either gym or rest

LMH: race! You can always back off and will regrets it if you don't.

Train to Malmo shortly.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning
    RFJ - Ouch (again)
    LmH - I'd agree with Ale, give it a go, you've paid the fee, even if it's just as a moderately hard training run.

what - easy 
    why - trains crap, missed U11 session so did 10 miles at home including what I thought were 3-4 faster miles but were only about 7:20s. Clearly tired and hungry that distorted my perceived effort!
    last rest - 04/07
    last hard - trying to figure out the weekend runs around a Leeds round-trip
    lyric - yes indeed it is.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Only just heard the news from Barcelona: often you exist in a bit of a vacuum when away. My choices of destination for these few days besides Copenhagen were Amsterdam or Barcelona...

A cruel world at times.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics very very apt LMH
    mmm LMH decision making is often the toughest part! Hope you pick the right one
    alehouse, have a good trip, it's always a worry these days
    dustin, I love the way you just did 10 miles !
    aha LMH alehouse maybe gives you sound advice??
    I am over excited for my first game as a Spurs season ticket holder this weekend!!

What: rest day, which is 15 mins run this morning
    why: hill session  so hard last night and legs felt it this morning
    last hard: last night really
    last rest: day 229 so 31/12
    have a great weekend all cleo having sleep over, theatre and breakfast tomorrow, ramping up the lsr to 8 miles this sunday

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

• Ale: Better choice of destination and I need your treadmill.
    LMH: You've paid up so might as well do and relax into the start before working out a strategy to ease through the field past Mark and onto a strong finish>
    Dustin: I'll get back there again so in the meantime just keep doing those casual 10's
    Benchies: Get well soon
    What: Shouldn't but I'm going to go for a wee run.
    Why: 4 more sleep to op day
    Last Hard: Keeping in touch
    Last rest: Ongoing
    Lyrics: Indeed and how true.
  • Enjoy SC!

My worry is about hurting myself by twisting an ankle, turning my knee etc rather than by trying to run fast and the organisers have offered me a refund if I withdraw by 1700hrs today due to my concerns with the format but I think I will run. I would just really like to make my autumn marathon this year and get the time that I think I was capable of at London before the car and fall - though I'm not running as fast as I was then.

You're not staying in CPH then Alehouse? What did you decide to do in the end - did you go to Tivoli?

Hope you can find a way to fit your runs in Dustin.

Enjoy the match Wabo.
  • Morning

LMH: Leg is settling down so much I was able to run again today:-)

SC: Enjoy your wee run:-)

What: 5 mile run
    Why: leg allowed it
    Last hard:Being sensible
    Lyrics; Very apt yes

well leg was well behaved yesterday so much so I went for a run this morning and it went better than yesterday.So it could be finely on the mend fingers crossed.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Wp great!

Lmh yes apt lyrics

Ale enjoy the bridge

What:28 km this morning
    Why: wedding tomorrow so only time I'd fit it in
    Last hard: that, whilst I was running felt OK. Had bought some more solid energy bars and had one of them along the way, was great.  Basically fell asleep when I got back (after refuelling) and now feel dead.  Think I ran a bit too fast but it was so windy and hilly it's impossible to pace at all.
    Lyrics: yes

Should do something productive but still feeling sleepy!

Wabo enjoy the game!
    Lmh tricky decision making

Have a nice evening all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Just a day trip to Malmo...and now back and off to the gym.

Good run Emz! And I don't think a short run will cause a problem at this stage SC...in a few days you will be getting plenty of recovery time!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Shocking re. Barcelona. The world has become a little darker once more :(

Best of luck for tomorrow then, LMH.

Can't believe you tripped again, RFJ ...

Nice long run, Em.

Good news, Poppy.

What: yoga
    Why: it's a good thing to be rooted
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: 5/8
    Lyrics: yep - wonderful teenage angst song. Loved this way back in the 80s.

• What: driven to Morayshire
    Why: Nairn half for me tomorrow. Speyside Ultra for Els
    Last hard: drive
    Last rest: Monday
    Lyrics: don't think so

Havering before committing to November in NZ. Anyone travelled Qatar airlines? Cheaper flights until 20th August.
  • Go for it OH. Haven't used Qatar myself but most of the long distance carriers are ok. Hope you and Els both have great races.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Go for it oh. But I would say that for you, it's not going to seem that different to home ;). I loved it. Qatar should be fine, as lmh says, most of the long distance ones are.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    NZ in November possibly very different to Orkney in November!  ;)
    Air NZ actually offer similar prices and with connected flights to Christchurch (daughter is in Nelson, S island)
    Thanks for well wishes -may be wet  :/