Saturday 2nd September 2017 - Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as

Morning

Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as

What: 8.5 parkrun
Why: I'm starting to wonder!
Last hard: I'm guessing today

Excited, nervous, slight holiday feel (up early!).

Will report back tomorrow or later.

Have a great day all.

Comments

• Morning.

Hope you enjoy it emzap.

Did you manage to speak to the physio Alehouse?

What:              short and easy
    Why:               preparation for one last big week (hopefully)
    Last hard:       staying the right side of the line
    Last rest:         15/7

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Hope it is a memorable day, Emzap!

LMH: yes, had a brief word with physio. We decided that running at 90% bodyweight was probably too early, unfortunately, so it is pressing on with the eccentric work with 5kg on my back plus lots of leg press work. Ran 4.5 miles on the a-g with half at 80% and half at 85, gradually upping the speed, finishing with a few minutes at 5 minute miling.

What: help at parkrun, fitness suite

Why: trying to recover from this Achilles injury and trying to maintain a semblance of fitness.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Sorry to hear that Alehouse but hopefully it isn't too far away.
  • Morning

Good luck with parkrun today Em:-)

LMH: One last week of training and tapering although you will hate the tapering I think your body will be grateful:-)

Alehouse: Sorry to hear the news but you seem to be getting close and doing all you can to be back running outside.

What: 7.2 miles
    Why: Body said no to long run today
    Last hard: Listening to body and Lake V next weekend
    Last rest: 16/08
    Lyrics: Nope
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Emz...looking forward to your feedback on all those parkruns. LMH, steady, steady as she goes, nearly there. Ale, I feel and share your pain, WP, I love the accuracy.
    What: parkrun RD
    Why: Can't run so why not
    Last hard: Finding out we were getting an adjudicator visit today!
    Last Rest: Ongoing
    Lyrics: Yes indeed and made me smile.
  • Afternoon!

Hope all was good at parkrun this morning, SC! Who visited from HQ?

Hope Emz is going well!

OH? Don't think we've heard from you pre-stitches out! Hope all is ok.

Worked hard in the gym, especially on leg press machine. All a bit frustrating re lack of running, but gradually getting closer! Don't want to rush things and have a set back.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all

Lyrics - possibly

What - progressive parkrun (21:47) as holding back for Swindon Half tomorrow
    Why - Its Saturday
    Last Rest - Thursday
    Last Hard - Tues

Take Care
  • Lead ambassador from SW area to do adjudication report for parkrun and UKAA. Seemed to go okay. Very detailed questioning and feedback. Could have been a KPMG audit :-)

• I'm sure you were up to the challenge SC!

I haven't run as many miles as I did pre London 2016 and my pace on the longer ones isn't quite as good (with the odd exception). Three weeks out from that I dropped the mileage a little - need to decide whether to do the same now. It's all so difficult to call and you don't know if you've got it wrong unless it goes totally wrong and you never know if you got it right..............
  • LMH: I'd be suggesting your last long runs should be tomorrow and/or Monday, and then gradually back off, with quite a severe drop off in the last week! But, as you say, you never know if you have got it right!
  • Lake V has come around fast, poppy.

Do you have any idea what caused the achilles trouble, ale?

Go by feel, LMH. Not a fan of textbook tapers as each campaign (and body) is different.

Nice parkrun RFJ and good luck tomorrow. Please stay on your feet ;)

Very excited to learn that parkrun is finally coming to Germany. Must convince hubby to go to Hanover next weekend - one of the parkrun roadshow stops :)

What: yoga
    Why: it's good for body and mind
    Last rest: 5/8
    Last hard: Thursday

Yesterday's lyrics U2 Running to stand still
  • 200m swim, 1 mile "ran"
    Why: it's a start
    Last hard: getting going again
    Last rest: didn't do much yesterday

Intend to walk 5 barriers Amnesty race tomorrow (6.5 miles)
  • Sounds like progress, OH!

Was going to message you about parkrungermany, Chick

Excellent choice of lyrics, Emz (via google): hope to hear that you enjoyed the day, which seemed to have close to ideal weather.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Great day.  Think I got under 3:55 for the 42 km.  Did actually run 43 or 44 due to once in a while taking the "scenic" route.  Was writing notes as I went along, but will make sense of them and report tomorrow.

Time for food, a glass of well earned wine and then bed!
  • Sounds a great day Emz, enjoy rehydrating and we look forward to an 8.5 page report!  Have been glued to the T20 finals day on radio and tv: a great day's cricket and I imagine you were nearby!