Thursday, 14 September 2017 - smacked, cracked, bushwacked

Morning gang

Today's lyrics:
Smacked, cracked, bushwacked
Tie another one to the racks, Baby

Comments

• Morning.

Sounds nice emzap, I've been managing to convince myself that fruit based cake is practically healthy - banana in my case though:-) Planning to bake my xmas cake today.

What:           MLR
    Why:            why not
    Last hard:    running into the wind yesterday
    Last rest:     15/7

Lyrics - not today.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

Em: Cake sounds lovely not made apple cake in ages:-)

Chick; Yes I think it was coming on last week and the race and weather just made it come out in all its glory!

LMH: Enjoy Your Christmas cake making today I have 2 more to make so must get act together.

OH: Nice mileage looks like all going well with recovery?

What: Hopefully a short run
    Why: It is what i do
    Last hard: Cold
    Lyrics: Nope
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • yum, cake!
    Ale - as long as the progress is generally positive, there will be kinks on the curve.
    RFJ - great run by the sounds of it, and good family time. Enjoy the day off.

What - U11 coaching plus 3-4 miles for me with form strides
    Why - routine
    last rest - Monday
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - gnawing away at me..

• Morning!

Lyrics: no...and what were yesterday's Chick?

Enjoyable couple of pints with OH yesterday evening! Shame I can't run with him!

Dustin: I would agree re Achilles. There will almost certainly be some blips on the way. Physio doesn't seem over-concerned at the reaction to the weighted eccentric exercises and leg press work. What did your physio say, SC?

What: a-g treadmill early evening then fitness suite

Why: part of the plan

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: may do a mile later
    Why: Worcester looms
    Last hard: yesterday's wind (just to clarify, I mean the weather, I did not have a wind problem)!
    Lyrics: nope

MIL coming tonight.  We haven't seen her since Jan 2016 so it's rather exciting :)

Dustin, there's lots of cake left, but you'll have to be quick!  Turned out well.  We have 5 kg of cooking apples so need to get creative.

Have a great day all.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

Sorry - was posting on the go this morning...  yesterday's lyrics where What have I done to deserve this - Pet Shop Boys and Dusty Springfield.

Well done on the 15k yesterday, em. So you have a nice MIL then?

Sorry to hear achilles is grumbling a bit, ale.

Cake, yeah! Enjoy making the xmas cake, LMH.

What: another 4k of drills and intervals on the tready plus lots of stretches
    Why: felt like it but like ale I can feel a reaction. Slight twinge in my back (quadratus lumborum) and left adductor so clearly I need to take a step back. Swim planned tomorrow.
    Last hard: acknowledging I need to build up even slower
    Last rest 5/8

• Freeze them emzap then you can have apple crumble all through the winter:-)

Sorry to hear that chicksta.

Glad you had a nice evening Alehouse. Hope the achilles settles quickly.

Any races in the diary Dustin?

Still a bit breezy here but nothing like yesterday. Feel as if I may be getting a little bounce back. Fingers crossed. Xmas cake is in the oven.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Yes Chick, I get on very well with her.  I am excited to have her come and stay and to show her round :)

Good idea LMH :)
  • Planned rest day today (cooking for dad) as part of graduated return. Nice to meet up with AH last night.
    Heading home tomorrow.
    Last hard broken glasses this morning.
    Lyrics no
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    always good to hear others meeting up, nice one OH and AH :-) Not good on the glasses though OH.

small interval session with Daughter, but she was still feeling it from yesterday, so we eased right off..... so 2.5m done

Plus loads of walking in and around Bath most the day

Take Care
  • Evening!

Friend's funeral this lunchtime/pm followed by a-g treadmill: 
    5 mins @ 80%
    5 @ 85%
    5 @ 90%
    5 @ 93%
    3 @ 95%
    Warm down at 85 then 80 to complete the 30 minutes/4 miles. 

Chat with physio who says that pain following the leg presses and eccentric drops is to be expected. Will have to see what the pain is like post today's running session. 

Then did a stretching session.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.