Options

Anterior Hip Pain

Hi, I have pain in the front of my hip, in the crease between the top of the thigh and stomach, when looking from the front it is central to the top of my thigh.

When I look at images of where things are in the body I would say it is right where the front of the hip joint is.

It is something I have had for a few years, the pain is usually worse when I wear tight trousers (as the pain is on my belt line) and I can bring on the pain when I press in on the area.

I've been to see a few people over the year and I think we have narrowed it down to a possible hip labral tear.

I wondered if anybody who have had a hip labral tear experienced this?

So did you find that pressing in on the front of your hip would cause you pain in the front of your hip and make the pain worse?

Many Thanks

Comments

• Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Just had surgery for FAI and a lateral tear. In my experience it is not an easy one for someone who is not an expert to diagnose. My GP and physio were unsure and in the end I paid to see an orthopedic cons. He did a very thorough physical exam and I had an MRI to confirm. There are a couple of Dr on this site but this is one which really needs a physical exam by an expert. 
  • Options
    Thanks TT

Did you have any pain when you pressed in on the crease between the thigh and stomach?
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Hi Dan Dunn, I had vague pain around my hip, back and thigh. It felt as if I was running from my hip sockets rather than my glutes. Nurse on the run, nurse in NY who has had the surgery (and no connection to me) explains it really well.